Chapter 14

Henry stopped the car and wanted to ask for directions to where she was going, but as he saw her sleeping peacefully, he found himself staring at her.

He was surprised to see her look so innocent, gentle and vulnerable. He trailed down his eyes to her forehead then to her gentle pointy nose and to her lips: rosy, curvy and kissable. Well, I got to admit, they look very enticing. He continued to look at her more and didn't realize he was giving a little smile.

Finally, waking up from his senses, he woke her up."Wake up, sleeping beauty." He shook her shoulders gently."We're here."

Amanda slowly opened her eyes, revealing her blue oceanic eyes. They have arrived in Philadelphia, but it wasn't the place Amanda was going to. This isn't it yet.

"Actually, I don't know where exactly you are going so I just stopped at this convenience store." Henry said.

"Oh. Sorry. I'll just go by my own now. Thanks for the ride."

"Nope, you can't. We have to go to that place of yours."

"You don't have to."

Henry smiled. "Oh? What's this? You're being nice again."

Amanda rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

He smiled, looking around the place and Amanda could hint sadness behind the smile. "Actually, I also want to come here. It's been a while, really."

Been a while? Amanda thought.

"So, where are you going exactly?" Henry asked.

"I have to pass by a wine shop."

~~~~~

Henry and Amanda went down from the car and went inside a small liquor shop. Even though Henry wanted to go inside, Amanda stopped him and told him to stay outside.

Henry read the sign board in butter yellow and dark green script letters: Jean-Gerrard Liquor Shop. It's her favorite wine. Henry thought as he watched Amanda talking and laughing to the shop's owner. Henry can't help but smile seeing Amanda laughing. I've never seen her laugh like that. Warm. Soft. Gentle. Pretty. She's...she's actually quite beautiful if she shows that enthusiasm.

"Thanks, Mrs. Williams!" Amanda bid goodbye after she bought champagne and a wine. The moment she saw Henry, she dropped her smile.

"You know, you should show that vibe always." Henry said when they had reached the car.

"What vibe?" Amanda asked.

"The good vibe. Not gloomy. You always look like the world is on your shoulders." Henry paused before he went inside his car. "You look worn-out every time I see you."

"Well, a lot of people do say that I'm worse than an old woman. But, I thought they're just exaggerating." Amanda defended herself.

"No. I don't think so. Your hair is not combed and kept in that boring pony hairstyle. That unfashionable glasses. And your clothes are just hideous." Henry said while he started the engine. "Where are we going?"

"Just forget it. I'll walk on my own." Amanda went out of the car. Henry followed Amanda without getting off the car. He drove slowly beside her as Amanda continued to walk.

"Stop following me." Amanda said, not looking at Henry.

"I'll continue following you until you get back inside." Henry said, while taking a look at both the road and Amanda.

"Don't even think about it."

"Just get inside."

"No. Just turn around and go to those women you want to play with. Stop wasting your time with me because you won't get anything from me."