Chapter 27

Amanda tried to take off all her thoughts on to why Henry hasn't called her in a month. She was successful in almost all parts werein the time she and her friends along with their partners celebrated Christmas together. Although, watching her friends kiss their partners under the mistletoe ticked her off causing her to drink the wine all by herself. But also wondered what would it felt like to be kissed under a mistletoe.

She was also successful when she tried to bake a chocolate cake at least 3 times. But, alas, she made one perfect cake that actually tasted delicious but definitely contrasted with its appearance (makes you have second thoughts whether to eat it or not). Satisfied with the taste, she wondered what would it feel like baking a cake with someone else.

And she was also successful when she stayed at her sister's place for two days and celebrated New Year's with them. Watching them dancing by the living room was a joy to her and actually wondered what would it feel like to have a family. Her own family.

As she watch the fireworks lit up in the sky, it made her feel a melancholy in her heart. She hears the noises of people around her and yet, she didn't feel the enthusiasm. But one thing she realized is, when did she actually cared? It was just her and her books but it seems everything was wider in her world now: she met people, knew people, talk to people; travel around and learning new things. 

That moment she knew who's to blame.

Henry, on the other hand tried to take his mind off Amanda. He does what he usually do but everything just seems empty now. He only felt something just reminiscing those moments with Amanda being there in the set; Amanda being there when he got sick; Amanda this and Amanda that-I must be insane now.  Henry thought.

Lying all night in his penthouse alone wouldn't help his sanity so, he decided to do something different tonight. Maybe, just maybe, it could help him not thinking of Amanda and also, trying to fix things that he was always running away.

Because that's what he does: running away from things that actually matters.

He went to visit his father and his new family. He was always being invited to have a New Year's dinner with them but, he rejects them. But right now, he's standing there at his father's house, having double thoughts whether to push the doorbell or not. Deciding not to, he turned around only to be called by his father. 

He was invited to have dinner with them-the family that he never got to know; he never got to love. Oh, how he felt the warmth when her stepmother gave him his favorite dessert: a chocolate cake. His little step brother that he didn't get the chance to know with, shot him a grin with a chocolate fudge on his teeth, making Henry laugh a bit.

"Genevieve always make them every year in hoping you would come." his father told him. Henry looked at the ginger woman, all formal and elegant. She smiled at him and he returned his smile in a tight manner before looking away. It isn't that he hates her for marrying his father but, rather he felt that she was going to replaced the mother he never got to have.

"I thought you love my mother. Henry asked angrily.

"Of course, I did."

"Then you wouldn't marry another then."

"Son, I know that you're thinking that Genevive is going to replace your mother but Helena will never ever be forgotten. She will always be in my heart; our hearts."

But Henry didn't understand it. So instead of understanding and giving the chance, he ignored his father and his stepmother and chose not to care about them anymore.

How he wished he didn't.

That night, he watched the fireworks on the sky and realized how they actually look beautiful. He thought of Amanda again and smiled.

He decided he's not going to run away anymore. He's not going to run away from things that are important to him.

He lost the game.

He fell in love with her.

And he's going to show her.