Chapter 28

The scene outside was cold and white but somehow, watching Henry walking in circles made James' head boil. He has been watching his best friend doing the same routine, stopped to look at his phone then walked again, murmuring to himself. This has been going on for 20 minutes.

"Just call her, damn it!" James, cannot seem to hold it down any longer, called out to Henry. Henry finally stopped.

"If you want to f*cking call her, just f*cking call her, man! You're driving me nuts!"

"I seem to lose it, James." Henry said, innocently.

"What? You've been calling her for like 4 months. Why does this time makes it any difference?"

"Fine. I'll call her right now." Henry began to search for Amanda's name. He stared at it for a while, having second thoughts to touch the call button. He exhaled first before he touches it and placed them on his ear.

"This is half of the manuscript". Amanda said, handing over the pile of paper to Gorgy with both hands.

"Just half?" Gorgy asked as he flipped thoroughly  the pages with his fingers.

"Well, there were parts that I need to redo. I can't seem to find that-umf." Amanda said, pounding her right fist to her left palm.

"Fine then. I'll check on them tomorrow. But before that, it's Wednesday movie night!" Gorgy exclaimed. Gillian hurriedly went near to Gorgy and squatted, placing down the nachos and the wine together on the carpet in front of them. 

"What are we going to watch this time?" Gillian asked, dipping a nachos on the nacho salsa.

"Sex and the City?" Gorgy suggested.

"Nah. I want something-"

"Chick flicks." Amanda suggested, sitting on the couch with her legs on the arms of the chair, dangling.

"Yes!" Gillian agreed, pointing at Amanda.

"Fine. Love and Other Drugs." Gorgy suggested. 

"No." 

"No Strings Attached."

"Funny but no."

"50 Shades of Grey."

"Hot but no."

"But, it's Christian Grey!" Gorgy pleaded.

"No!" Gillian repeated herself.

"The Proposal, guys." Amanda voiced out, making peace within the two. "Or something with a wedding themed movie. You're getting married anyway."

"Thank you, Amanda. That-that is a great suggestion." Gillian couldn't agree more.

"27 Dresses then." Gorgy joined in.

"My Big Fat Greek Wedding is better." Gillian disagreed.

"Guys! My Bestfriend's Wedding."

Gorgy and Gillian looked at each other. "My Best Friend's Wedding it is."

25 minutes of the movie, Amanda went to the bathroom. Gorgy and Gillian was left alone in the living room, feeling giddy on choosing a Julia Robert film. They never go wrong on Julia Robert films. Just then, a phone rang. Both of them started looking around-on the table, under the pillow, under their legs-only to find it on the couch where Amanda was sitting and was very much surprised to see who the caller was.

"Why...is...Henry Hudson...calling her?" Gorgy asked, slowly and confused.

"Work?" Gillian gave out a squeak.

"It's January. They're still on their winter break."

"Could it be then?" Gillian said, eyes wide. 

Gorgy looked at Gillian. "Oh my freaking god. Could it be?!"

Simultaneously, both of them jumped up and down cheerfully as their hands intertwined with each other. Amanda returned from the bathroom and saw them.

"What the hell are you guys doing?"

Gorgy broke off their enthusiasm first before sitting again on the floor. He gave a little signal to Gillian. 

"We were just having a bit of fun." Gillian said.

"Oh." 

The room began to have silence as the three of them continued to watch the movie.

"So, somebody gave you a call." Gorgy broke the silence, giving a teasing grin at Amanda.

"Who?"

"Henry Hudson."

The name gave Amanda a jolt and in a spring of action, she took her phone and began to check. Indeed, Henry Hudson gave her a missed call.

"Care to tell us why he's calling you in his winter break?" Gillian asked with a grin.

Amanda saw the grins on her best friends' faces and she knew what was on there minds. "It's not like that."

Completely ignoring Julia Roberts now, both Gorgy and Gillian approached Amanda and began to interrogate her.

"What's not like it, Amanda? Henry Hudson just called you minutes ago." Gorgy folded his arms, looking steadily at Amanda through his glasses.

"He was just asking questions about the movie." Amanda said. It was the best reason she could give. But, it failed to convince them.

"I don't think that is what's going on." Gillian said, suspiciously.

It wouldn't be fair to hide from them anymore. Amanda thought.

"Honestly, guys-" Amanda gave out a long pause before speaking out-"I am not really sure what's going on."