Chapter 12

Gorgy and Gillian couldn't get a single clue why Amanda furiously scratching her head, mumbling and groaning in front of her laptop. They continued to stare at her, wondering and somewhat scared.

"I'm worried about her, Gorgy." Gillian said in a minimum voice, continuously staring at her troubled best friend.

"Me, too." Gorgy replied. "After she left me at Long Island, she has been this way."

"Shouldn't the shooting be over the next week? Why did she come sooner?" Gillian asked.

He shrugged. "I don't know. Should we ask her?"

"You go first."

"What? No way. You go first. She's your best friend-well, you've been with her longer." Gorgy stated.

"Okay. I'll approach her." Gillian said nervously, before she grabbed a chair and sat next to her. "You okay, Amanda? You seem like something is bothering you."

"Yeah. There is. I said something that he shouldn't know." Amanda replied in a panicking manner. Gillian looked at Gorgy who was giving her signals to go on.

"What -what did you tell him?" Gillian asked.

Amanda paused, gripping her hair with both hands, like a mad man.. "Oh no. He's going to used it against me. Damn it!" Amanda scratched her head again.

Gillian tried to stop her by placing her hands on her shoulders."Amanda, you're just being paranoid. He's not gonna used anything against you-" She took a paused as she wondered who could she be talking about. "Wait. Who are we talking about here?"

Looking at Gillian with her wide eyes, Amanda said in a cautious manner, "Henry Hudson."

Gorgy and Gillian went quiet and look at each other before roaring the whole room with their laughter.

"Guys, it's not funny." Amanda said as she watched her friends laughing.

"Oh my gosh, Amanda! Seriously? If Henry Hudson would threaten me, I would be in ecstasy." Gillian said, laughing. "But why would he threaten you anyway?"

Amanda looked away, avoiding their eyes. She can't tell them about the game. "He's a bad person."

"Pssh. Bad, you mean, a party animal and getting caught by the cops?." Gorgy asked, trying not to laugh anymore.

"Who knows? I'm the only one in the room. He may be another person." Amanda said.

"Dear, you're just being paranoid." Gorgy said, as he went to Amanda, rubbing her back to comfort her.

~~~~~

Amanda has been staring at the blank page of her laptop for quite a while. I have nothing. She looked at Gillian and Gorgy who were watching a chick-lit movie in her living room.

"What are you two watching?" She asked.

"Prince and Me." Gillian answered, her eyes still glued to the television

"Oh." Then the doorbell rang. Amanda looked at the clock. It's 11 already.

"Go get it, Amanda." Gillian told her.

"You're not watching anyway." Gorgy added.

"Fine. Let the owner of the apartment open the door." Amanda said as she went to open the door and saw Henry Hudson standing outside.

"Hi." Henry said, grinning.

Amanda's eyes were wide opened at the sight of him. She pushed Henry with her hand on his chest, closing the door behind her.