Chapter 38

Amanda went back from the cemetery to her sister's house. She waited for her sister to opened the door for her and was surprised to see her mother, Caroline.

"Mom."

"Emma told me and I came right after. How are you, dear?" Caroline asked, embracing her daughter, warmly.

"I'm fine now. How about Phillip?"

"He was on a business trip to Europe yesterday. I told him I have to go to my daughter who happened to have been chase by a paparazzi. But, he'll come shortly. He asked how are you."

"I'm okay." Amanda assured her and wanted to thank his stepfather for asking about her. She never get to talk to him before. But, she knew he was a good man. "I have to go upstairs."

Closing the door behind her, she took off the scarf and the winter jacket off. She sat on the bed and sat still for a while when her mother came in.

"Amanda." Caroline said, in a soft tone. "I heard you went to the cemetery."

She nodded. "I went to visit dad. I need to talk to him about things."

Caroline smiled. "I see."

"Are you happy with Phillip?" Amanda asked. She looked at Caroline, wanting to see her face. 

"Yes." Caroline replied with a smile.

"As happy as dad?"

Taking a pause, she sat beside Amanda. "Your father had been the greatest man and the greatest love that ever happened to me in my entire life. To be honest, I was no longer that happy after-well, after he passed away. I tried to cheer myself with things but, there is still that small hole in my heart."

"But never to the point of being depress, no. I have my beautiful girls. Sure, I may push a lot of things but I just want you to explore greater things."

Amanda smiled. It was a long time since they have this kind of conversation. The last time was was after her father's death. "Why did you marry then?"

"All your father ever wanted for me was to not close my heart to the possibility of having another love. I couldn't bring myself to at first but I did. But, it was never the same with your father. I was so in love with him." Holding her daughter's hand, "I know you never wanted me with Phillip-"

"Mom, I know how much you wanted to fall in love. I get it. I'm happy for you that you found it again. I know Phillip is a great man and I know he makes you happy." Amanda wiped the tears from her mother's eyes. She was a beautiful woman indeed. She's in her late 40's but she still looked like she's 30-looking young and so vibrant.

"My, you've grown to be a fine woman now." her mother commented.

"There is good in changes, after all."

The next day, Gorgy and Gillian paid their friend a visit.

"There were all over your apartment, Amanda." Gorgy said, sitting on her bed.

"Reporters, paparazzis, medias- it was crazy." Gillian added. "You were all over the news, Amanda. They wanted to know more about you."

"Were there any hateful messages or tweets?"

Gillian looked at Gorgy before telling Amanda. "Well-yes. From some of his crazy fans."

Amanda swallowed. "I wouldn't be surprised. They even chased me and Henry as we tried to avoid them."

"Speaking of which, did Henry took you here?" Gorgy asked, sitting closer to Amanda.

"No. He had his security guard escort me with a car and helicopter." Amanda answered, embracing her legs.