Chapter 23

Gillian lied with the side of her body on Amanda's bed, weighing her head with her left hand, grinning at Amanda who was busy packing for her trip to Seattle the same day, afternoon.

"So, care to tell me what happened?"

Amanda continued checking her things, not looking at Gillian. "Happened what?"

"You and Henry left the party early yesterday night."

"What happened at the party when I left anyway?" Amanda, trying to avoid the question, went to her walk in-closet.

"Oh, it was okay. Mike and I were dancing with some couples and then we went to my place and we--wait, this isn't about me. You should be answering me right now."

Amanda came back with clothes and placed them inside her bag beside Gillian. "He just gave me a ride."

"That's it?"

"Yes. That's it." Amanda smiled at Gillian and went back inside her walk-in-closet.

"Awwee. But, the night was still young..." Gillian lied on her back, pouting. Amanda searched for other clothes, listening to Gillian, smiling. Of course there was a lot of things that happened. She just doesn't want to tell her yet.

"...a lot of things could happen at such a night. You being beautiful and-" Gillian stopped when she heard the doorbell ring. "I'll get it." She stood up and opened the door.

"Hello, good afternoon." a man in his 40's with less white hair left, greeted Gillian with a smile that creeped her a little. He was wearing a blue crumpled polo with denim jeans and large leather shoes. There was a camera hanging on his neck.

"G-good a-afternoon." Gillian greeted back. The man stared at her even more which made Gillian even more uncomfortable.

"Are you the one living in this apartment?" the man asked. Gillian didn't know the man's intentions but she has a strong feeling towards him. A dangerous feeling. She has great intuitions when it comes to dangerous situations. She herself doesn't know how or why but she believes in them. And right now, she felt that if she is going to answer him truthfully, it's not going to be good.

"Yes. With my boyfriend, Mike." Gillian lied.

"Oh. I was just checking people around the apartment." the man smiled again and eventually left. Gillian closed the door and locked it, just to make sure.

Amanda went out from her walk in closet, holding a shirt. "Who was that?"

"He didn't tell me his name, said he was just looking people around the apartment. He was bringing a camera with him."

"A camera?"

"Yeah. A large one. He really creeped me out." Gillian said in a whisper, "I locked the door, just to make sure."

Amanda nodded and went back to her bag. Maybe he's the one Henry was talking about.

"He asked me if I was the one living in this apartment."

"What did you say?"

"I told him I am. I had a bad feeling about him. He's not looking for you, isn't he?"

"I haven't done anything wrong."

"Maybe you should go tomorrow. I really think it's not safe." Gillian suggested, sitting on Amanda's bed.

"I think you're right. Maybe I should go tomorrow." Amanda looked at Gillian. She always trust Gillian's intuitions.

"And I have to stay here with you."