Chapter Two (Mitch)

Vikk led me to Jerome's island. Oh god why is my poker face so bad? No one needs to know that I have a crush on Jerome...

On the other hand, I now knew that Vikk liked Lachlan. But was the information worth trading? I typed in the chat.

<BajanCanadian> Biggums stick your head outside I'm here!

Vikk started typing on his wrist device.

<Vikkstar123> With me.

Within seconds Jerome's furry bacca face popped out his door. "Hi Mitch! Hey Vikk!"

"Well, Jerome," Vikk said, grinning. "Mitch here does not have a house at the moment so we were wondering if you would kindly grant him a place to sleep?"

Jerome grinned. Oh god I love that grin...

No, Mitch, I told myself. Stop it. He's obviously straight and he doesn't like you back. So suck it up and get on with life.

Vikk started waving his hands in front of my face. "Hello. Earth to Mitch. Earth to Mitch."

I snapped out of my thoughts. "Whaa? Oh. Umm..."

Vikk left after Jerome led me inside the house. I watched him decapitate a zombie as he ran back to his home. Obviously, night was falling.

Jerome led me into a bedroom. "Umm...this is my room. I don't really have a spare...so I guess you can take the bed and I'll sleep on the floor?"

We argued back and forth over who should take the bed. Finally I gave in because I was so tired.

I slept a dreamless sleep. Then I opened my eyes and light flooded my gaze.

I shook Jerome awake. "Come on Biggums it's like ten in the morning."

He grumbled but got up groggily.

"Breakfast," he yawned, handing me a few pieces of raw fish from his chest.

"Jerome, I know this goes against everything you've been taught, but I'm cooking mine," I said, just to see his reaction. But seriously. I'm not a bac, I don't eat raw fish.

He snapped wide awake at once. "No please!"

He stuffed a whole raw fish into his mouth. "No! You are not cooking that!" he shouted between chews.

"Jerome, relax, I'm not a bac, I don't eat raw food. And keep your mouth shut while eating."

"That's right, I forgot," he pouted after finishing his fish. "Benjas are a violation to nature."

"Hey!" I exclaimed, pretending to punch him.

He laughed. Oh my god that laugh, so beautiful...

Snap out of it, Mitch, I mentally berated myself.

He grudgingly allowed me to cook the fish in his furnace after I promised that I would never do it again. I secretly muttered, "when you are looking," under my breath. 

"Alright Biggums," I said after eating my last vile creature. "I'm going to go and try to build myself a house. Somewhere between yours and Vikk's, I think."

"And if worst comes to worst," he called after me, "Come by for lunch!"

The first thing I did was kill some pigs for porkchops. It wasn't eating with Jerome that was bad, it was the fact that I couldn't cook raw food in front of him. I had no wish to have raw salmon forced into me.

Or maybe it was eating with Jerome that was the problem. Maybe I was afraid that I might let something slip...

___________________________________________________

Part Two is done in the same day as Part One OMG I'm so proud of myself :P

I hope you guys enjoyed and please give me feedback if you did. You know what, screw it, I don't have to sleep for another hour. I'll get Part Three done, why not?

- Sword