Chapter Five (Vikk)

I ran along the shores of the Salty Lagoon, beheading a zombie as I went. I felt a sharp pain in my arm as an arrow from a skeleton pierced into my skin.

Cursing, I swung my sword at it. When it lay dead at my feet, I sprinted back home, jumping on the lilypads, not daring to remove the arrow until I was safely inside.

I got rid of the arrow and bandaged the wound. After slipping into bed, I typed:

<Vikkstar123> Good night all.

My mind crept into a dreamless sleep. I wondered how Mitch was doing with Jerome, since I knew for a fact that Jerome only had one bedroom.

"Vikk, get up, it's morning!"

"Huh?" I mumbled indistinctly. 

I felt someone shaking me awake. I opened my eyes.

It was Lachlan. I couldn't help gazing at his beautiful face...

He looked away. Turning red, I realized that I had probably been staring for too long.

"Uh, hi Vikk," he said awkwardly.

"Hi Lachy."

I climbed out of bed, yawning, to cover the awkward silence that followed. I pulled a piece of steak out from my hotbar and ate it.

"So," Lachlan mumbled. "What are your plans for today?"

I rubbed my eyes. "Oh, I dunno, maybe go fishing a bit? And give all the fish to Jerome?"

He nodded happily. "Great idea!"

We sat there for awhile. I felt something tug at my line. "A name tag! No fish for Jerome, unfortunately!"

He pulled his line, but he'd apparently missed the bite because there was nothing on it. "Oiii...fish, fish, fish," he grumbled.

I laughed at the pun.

Every time someone caught a fish, that person would grumble. "Oyy...Jerome's getting lucky today," I moaned as I hauled a pufferfish up.

"Hey, Mitch!" Lachlan shouted suddenly. I followed his line of sight and saw Mitch building the start of his house over the hill.

He looked over. "Oh, hey guys!"

"Jerome tried to make me eat raw cod this morning!" he continued cheerfully. "The only reason I'm not going back for lunch, really!" He waved some porkchops at us. Apparently, he'd made sure that he had his own food.

"Hey Mitch," I shouted. "I'll lend you some iron if you want - "

He cut me off in a scream. "I don't need your handouts!"

I shrugged, grinning. "Suit yourself."

Mitch continued his work on his little wooden house. Lachlan pulled his line up and sighed when he saw what it was. Salmon.

"I say we're done," I said. "We've probably got all the fish that Jerome will ever need. Let's put it in a box and take it over."

He scrambled up with a burst of renewed energy. I loved it when he grinned like that...

We packed it all up and tramped over the hill, passing Mitch on the way. He was cooking his porkchops.

"Nice house, benja," Lachlan called.

He waved tiredly.

Lachlan knocked on Jerome's door. "Do you want to build a snowmaaan?" He roared.

"Come on let's go and play!" came the reply as the door opened.

"Hey guys," Jerome said. "What brings you here?"

"A bit of a special delivery to our favorite bac," I answered, gesturing toward the box of fish. "The only bac I know, in fact," I added under my breath.

Jerome opened the box. His eyes flew wide with delight. "Fish! Thanks, guys!"

Lachlan and I grinned. "Anytime, buddy."

When I turned, I could have sworn I saw Mitch looking enviously in our direction before hurriedly turning away and pretending to eat a porkchop.

_______________________________________________________________

That's it for this one, guys. Thanks for reading and if you're enjoying the story so far, please leave a comment down below (oh my god I sound like Mitch at the end of every recording.) If you're not, please leave some suggestions for me to improve the story!

- Sword