Chapter Three (Lachlan)

I watched Vikk sprinting up the hill to find Mitch. Oh dear God, I thought. That cute face, that hair...

Stop it, Lachlan, a voice in my head told me.

I'm going to have to tell him sooner or later, I argued with it. But I knew that even if I won the argument, I wasn't going to have the courage to tell him.

I wondered what to do. Why not pay a visit to Robbie or Purrston? Or both?

That decided, I put on my peasant iron armor and took my diamond tools with me. I know, sad gear, but I don't have anything better.

I ran along the shore of the Salty Lagoon, hopping into a minecart on Rob's railroad system. I rode the rail all the way to his cavern - like home.

Rob was brewing potions. "Piece of redstone there," he hummed to himself.

" 'Ello, Robbie!" I called.

He spun around. "Hi, Lil' Lachy!"

"What've you got brewing there, Robbie?"

"Speed potions, invis potions, that kind of stuff," he replied.

Suddenly, in the chat, read:

<BajanCanadian> Hi Vikk why are you so speedy STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<Vikkstar123> I'm magical.

<BajanCanadian> No you're not.

<ASF Jerome> Ooh, snaap!

<Vikkstar123> Ima run you through with this sword for that Mitch!

"Looks like Vikk's found Mitch," I giggled.

Rob laughed and began typing.

<Woofless> Mitch you are so done.

Suddenly, Mitch typed.

<BajanCanadian> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I nearly collapsed in my fit of laughter.

I expected to see 'BajanCanadian was slain by Vikkstar123' in the chat, but surprisingly, it didn't come. Shrugging, I turned to Rob.

"What are the potions for?"

"Oh, um, I was planning to help Ali explore a water temple."

I nodded. Ali was a close friend of Vikk's.

Oh for God's sake Lachlan why does everything in your head somehow connect to Vikk?

"Well," I mumbled awkwardly. "I - I'd better be going then."

He waved airily. "See you around, Lil' Lachy!"

I stepped out his fence gate door and used Preston's railroad to get to his house.

Once there, I knocked on the door. "Do you want to build a snowmaaan?" I sang loudly.

"No!" came the expected shout from the Lavamob.

He opened the door. "Hey, Lil' Lachy," he greeted. "What brings you around my place?"

I shrugged. "Nothing much, just paying a visit."

"I was expecting Mitch's death to show up on the chat," I continued casually. 

Preston laughed. "Nah, I guess not. Vikk apparently decided to be a pleb and take pity on the Mitchell."

"Speaking of Vikk," Preston looked at me craftily. "Have you got any interests in him?"

"Wh-what?" I stammered. Was I really that bad at hiding my thoughts? How could Preston read my mind so easily?

At that moment, something else appeared in the chat.

<BajanCanadian> Biggums stick your head outside I'm here!"

<Vikkstar123> With me.

So Vikk had taken Mitch down to Jerome's house.

"Do you have any interests in the Vikkstar, Lachy?"

"N-no," I lied, stuttering.

Preston looked disappointed. "Aww, but Vikklan should be made real," he whined.

I turned away to hide my face, which was quickly going red.

"It's turning dark," I said abruptly. "I'd best get home."

He nodded absentmindedly.

On my way back to the Salty Lagoon, I saw Vikk putting his sword through a zombie. He looked so cute, even when he was fighting...

I shook my head to clear my thoughts and broke my minecart at the end of the railroad.

I sincerely hoped Vikk hadn't noticed me staring at him when I entered the Salty Shack, my home, and climbed into bed.