4

The next day was like the calm after the storm.

UA was closed, the teachers probably trying to digest what happened the day before, and decide what to do.

Last night, when you came home, Yui-san barely said anything, which was a surprise. You had expected her to yell at you, tell you that this is what a hero goes through on a daily basis, that if you died, she was to be left alone.

Instead, she only welcomed you home and brought you dinner to your room, while you were putting an ice pack on your stomach.

You were glad she didn't make much conversation. You weren't really in the mood to talk -or do anything really.

You just laid in your bed for what felt like a very long time, staring at the ceiling, thinking about the events that happened that day.

You eventually fell asleep, and, when your alarm clock rang, you were just as tired as the night before.

***

When Shouto woke up, he was in the worst mood possible.

Endeavour -again- yelled from the other side of the house for him to wake up. Because even though he wasn't going to school today, he just had to be woken up like that.

Shouto didn't have an appetite, nor the strength to sit down at the same table with that old man, so he apologized to Fuyumi and went for a walk to clear his head.

He thought about some things.

About his dream of becoming a hero -the number 1 hero. That was the first thing he was supposed to be concerned about.

The other day, he had just witnessed a villain attack. He fought real villains -and even though they didn't seem that strong, he had managed to handle them.

Last night, his father made him sit through a one-hour lecture about villain attacks. Shouto was trying so hard to just endure it, so he could go to his room and sleep as soon as possible.

Endeavour talked about so many things yet by the time he was in his bed, lights off, complete darkness surrounding him, Shouto had forgotten each word his father had said.

Shouto took a turn to the park he usually came to when he needed to clear his head.

While he was sitting on a bench, looking at the kids, you came to his mind -again.

He couldn't understand why. Yeah, the fact that you treated him like you had just met him a few days ago while he was trying to act indifferent around you was annoying, but it had always been easy for him to not care about others.

Yet with you, each time he saw you, he wanted to ask why you didn't remember him. He wanted to remind you of the times you had spent together all those years ago -maybe that would ring some bells.

But no matter how much he tried, he couldn't bring himself to ask.

That was the most annoying thing.

He just wanted to confirm that you didn't remember, and then focus on his priorities. That way, he could get all other aspects out of his mind, and focus on training.

There was one more thing though.

What if you did remember him? What if you were acting like that because he didn't show signs of knowing you either?

That was possible too, right?

Shouto sighed. He had to get this over with. That way, he would stop thinking about you and making assumptions on his own.