11

"As you can see, patrolling is very important so we can keep everything under control, such as thieves or harassers. We also have to—"

Your yawn interrupted the very interesting speech Endeavour was holding as you were walking down the empty streets.

His eyebrow twitched and he turned to you. "Is there something you would like to add?"

You didn't mean to audibly yawn, so his comment surprised you. "Huh? I mean- no." the damage had been done, so you decided to continue. "I just don't see why we are patrolling at 7.30 in the morning." You then looked around at the empty streets and turned to him with an innocent expression. "There's no one to save"

You heard Todoroki snort next to you, but he immediately composed himself and your attention was caught by Endeavour again.

"You chose my internship, so you will do as I say. I expect no attitude." He said while he cleared his throat and turned back around, making you smirk. "After this, we will return to the agency and you will train in pairs"

"Say that cause you had no come-back to what I said" you whispered, making Todoroki try to cover his laugh with a cough.

You all then continued patrolling the empty streets. For a while, everyone remained silent, until you turned right and saw a group of children walk by.

Endeavour buffed his chest and smiled down at them. "Hello there, children!"

"He always does this" Todoroki whispered only for you to hear, to which you let out a snort.

The kids' eyes went big at the sight of the number two hero, looking more scared than happy to see him. "H-Hello" one of them said.

"Oh my god, is he the number 2 hero?" the girl of the group said, pointing a finger at Endeavour.

The oldest looking one out of the three stared at him for a few seconds. "Yeah,  he is!" at that Endeavour smirked "All Might is cooler though"

At that, you started laughing for real and Endeavour shot you a death-glare, to which you tried to stop, but that only made you laugh harder.

"Well, All Might is amazing indeed. I wish you all a good day" he said, before walking past them.

The rest of the patrol was uneventful, and after a never-ending hour, you were back at the agency for another day of training.

After a couple of hours, everyone took a break, and Todoroki came up to you, "Hey, Y/n?"

"Yes?"

He fiddled for a moment, trying to put his words together, "About last night-"

"I'm sorry," you interrupted, embarrassed, "I let myself get carried away."

"No, it's fine, really. Just- uh- if you need someone to talk to, you can talk to me"

You smiled, nodding, "Thanks."

***

Opening a door was never harder when you wanted absolutely no one to hear it. Each movement brought ten times more noise when it was supposed to be silence.

And now it was the middle of the night as well.

You couldn't sleep. Something about the feeling of the air, how dog barks or cars driving by could be heard from the window just above your bed made you focus on anything else but actually falling asleep.

Right now, you were quietly walking to the room Todoroki was in. Your plan was to lay down next to him without having him wake up and, in the morning, wake up and leave before he had the chance to notice.