9

The next day, you returned home and were welcomed by Yui-san. The two of you still weren't on great terms, and since you didn't see each other much due to you going to school and her going to work, you hadn't had the time to talk.

However, today was a weekend, and neither of you had anywhere to go, so when you both sat at the kitchen table to eat, you decided to start a conversation.

"Y-Yui-san?" you asked, looking up at her, while anxiously bouncing your leg.

"Yes?" you could see she was surprised, but interested in what you had to say.

You took a deep breath in, putting your fork down. "I'm sorry for what I said that day. I didn't mean it to come off that harshly"

Yui-san smiled while letting out a relieved sigh. "It's okay, you were right. It's your dream, I have no right to meddle, but to only support you"

Your eyes widened. You had expected her to still be mad and keep the same attitude she had been having. But you were glad she changed her mind. "So, are we good?"

"Of course. Also, I'm sorry I only visited for a short while yesterday. They suddenly called me in at work and I couldn't decline"

"That's fine, it wasn't serious anyway."

A comfortable silence then fell between both of you as you continued eating.

***

The next days passed by quite peacefully. You spent most of them at home, watching TV, or just staring off into space. You were now on the bed in your room, scrolling through your phone, when you received a text.
Hitoshi Shinsou: Can I call you?
You: Sure

In no more than two seconds, your ringtone started going off.

Hitoshi Shinsou: Hey

You: Yo

Hitoshi Shinsou: Don't "yo" me. What happened at the festival?

You: Had an attack. But I'm fine now

Hitoshi Shinsou: Did that half and half guy do something to cause it?

You: No. It wasn't anything like that

Hitoshi Shinsou: Then what happened?

You: I don't really know, actually. I just... couldn't breathe. But I'm taking medicine so it's fine. How about you? How are you doing?

Hitoshi Shinsou: I called to see how you were, not to talk about me *sigh* I'm fine

You: You sure?

Hitoshi Shinsou: Yep

You: Come on. I saw the look on your face when you fought Midoriya.

Hitoshi Shinsou: ......

You: You know I love your quirk, right? And if you want to use it as a hero, then you can and you will. It doesn't matter what others think. As long as you are happy with what you are doing—

Hitoshi Shinsou: Y/n, back then, they said—

You: Who fucking cares about what they said?

Hitoshi Shinsou: Yeah, but—

You: You wanna be a hero?

Hitoshi Shinsou: Yeah, but—