17

"Do we really have to move?" the girl looked up at her mother, who was rapidly throwing clothes in the suitcase that was on the floor.

It had been so sudden and unexpected. The girl had been so happy, especially since she had made a new friend, one who didn't think she was too loud or annoying.

The boy she befriended was quiet and seemed sad, but he smiled sometimes, and that brightened her day up. He was nice too, playing whatever she wanted.

Well, that was until his father came, at least. She didn't know who that man was. But from the look on the boy's face whenever he came to take him home, the girl never questioned it.

She decided it would be better to treasure her time with her friend. Her parents had always taught her to treasure everything she had, because no one knew how long it would be before that thing was gone forever.

"Yes dear, it's for the better." The woman responded, smiling at her daughter.

The girl looked down at the suitcase in front of them. It was almost full. Her dad had already booked the plane tickets. They were moving to a whole different city -different surroundings, different people, a different life.

The girl was young -not even six years old. She would soon get used to the change.

But something in her wanted to stay so badly, for her friend, but also for herself. She loved it there, it was where she had grown up, there was no place like it.

"But my friend-"

"I know, dear." The woman interrupted, her face darkening at the mention of the boy. She always reacted like that, for some reason. "But there's no place for us here anymore. You'll make new friends in the place we're going"

The girl shook her head. That wasn't what she wanted, "But why can't we just stay?" she twisted her hands in her lap, tears now threatening to fall from her eyes, "My friend, he's so sad, I don't want to leave him. His dad-"

"I know, dear." The woman repeated, starting to get irritated, "But that boy will surely find more friends who will look out for him, just like you will. Sometimes, separating is better."

No. It wasn't better, she was sure of it. She didn't know why, but something inside her knew she would never see him again. It knew she would never get to hug him one more time, build another sandcastle together, or even say goodbye.

Maybe leaving was better sometimes. But this wasn't one of those cases, the girl decided. This was one of the cases where she would regret it her whole life, where she would think about it for years and years, wondering what would've happened if she stayed, if she kept on being friends with the boy.

She knew it. But who would listen? Who would try to understand?

"Okay" she finally said, swallowing back the tears.

"Good girl." Her mother smiled, "Now, will you help me pack?"

"Okay." She repeated, almost robotically.

***

The next day, just as planned, Aizawa and All Might showed up at your door. Once you opened and told them to come in, it took a little until you got used to All Might's new appearance.

Well, it wasn't quite new, since it was the one he had had most of the time even before, but it was new to you, and basically everyone else.

He was shorter, so much thinner, until the point where his cheekbones were sticking out, and he looked almost ill.