12

As your eyes opened, the sunlight peeked through the hospital windows. It was so quiet, so peaceful, you almost wanted to go back to sleep and keep that peace just the way it was. No distractions, no problems.

But you couldn't do that, of course.

To the right from the chair you sat in, Midoriya was sleeping soundly in a hospital bed.

To your left was Todoroki, and in front of you, Iida. They were all asleep, still tired from the events from the day before.

Even though they didn't have major injuries, they were kept at the hospital overnight, just to be safe. You could have gone back to the hotel, but decided to stay.

Looking at the clock on the wall, you noticed it was barely 8 am, so you closed your eyes again, before a quiet grunt came from the bed on your left. Todoroki had woken up and, probably having hit his injured arm, was now rubbing it gently.

"You feeling okay?" you asked, sitting up straight in your chair and rubbing your eyes.

Todoroki lifted himself up until his back was leaning against the headboard. He glanced at you, before looking straight ahead. "Yes"

You stretched. "That's good"

"Yes"

For a few minutes, it remained quiet, Iida and Midoriya still asleep. Todoroki still looked tired, so you decided to not suggest leaving for a little while.

You thought about the events that had happened the night before. You had heard about what happened to Iida's brother, but the guy was too much of a rule-follower to do something like try to kill a villain all by himself.

It was understandable though. He had all the rights to be furious. His brother might not even be able to go back to being a hero. What Iida was feeling, you couldn't even begin to imagine it.

You sighed, leaning your head back and looking at the ceiling.

"You know," you began, Todoroki turning his head in your direction. "I feel kind of bad for Iida. I mean, he obviously acted off an impulse and only made things worse, but he was just sad about his brother. What happened really is tragic"

Todoroki hummed in response. He had also heard about Iida's brother from after the sports festival. He knew what it felt like -having someone dear to you taken away by someone or something else. Feeling your world crumble, like there was no hope anymore, no point in continuing without them.

Well, Todoroki's situation was a little different, because that person was now sitting next to him, her eyes still on the ceiling, like it was the most interest thing in the world. They looked tired, slight dark circles under them, but also somewhat dreamy, like she was thinking about something nice, despite being in a hospital.

Todoroki bit his bottom lip as his gaze lingered on you for a while, before you frowned slightly, speaking up again.

"I wish we could do something for him, but I don't know what" you said, now looking at him. "But at the same time, its his family's problem, we probably shouldn't butt in and just be there for him if he needs it"

Todoroki only hummed again in response, not quite sure how this emotion-thing worked, but somehow understanding at the same time.

"Should we go? Im fine now" he asked, now fully woken up.

"You sure?"

"Yes"

After Todoroki changed out of his hospital gown, you both left, walking to the hotel. He didn't bother to call Endeavour, saying that he wasn't in the mood to, which you had no problem with.