18

A/n: Hi again! These last few chapters will most likely contain a lot of crucial information to the ending of the story, so I will omit things that happen in the anime/manga, like the provisional license exam. While it will be mentioned, I will not elaborate it, since I don't see it necessary in what I want to do with this story. Basically, Y/n passes it without problems.

This chapter, as well as the last few ones, will mostly consist of Y/n and Todoroki realizing some things, so they might seem a bit rushed, but at this point, the plot of the anime/manga is irrelevant, so yeah, I hope I don't fuck this up lol.

***

Once you got back to your room, you tried to ignore the rapid beats of your heart. You didn't know if they had been caused by your outburst, or by something else you didn't want to think about, so it was best to ignore them.

It had been weird -snapping like that. You had almost never done it before, and it was still unclear if you enjoyed it or not.

Well, yelling at someone about your problems which they couldn't control isn't considered enjoyable, but the aftermath was questionable.

You definitely felt lighter -like a huge weight had been lifted off your chest. But at the same time, you were worried you had placed that weight onto Todoroki.

Because although familiar with the whole league situation more than you thought he should be, you had still spoken about a lot more stuff than you would've normally seen fit, which wasn't exactly good. So, you decided you were going to apologize.

The next day, waking up felt quite weird. Aside from the fact that you were in a completely different place, walking downstairs and immediately meeting with your classmates was strange.

You weren't complaining, however, since they were as cheerful as ever.

Once you got to your first class, Aizawa came with news.

"A provisional license exam?"

"Precisely. With it, you will be able to use your quirks for heroic activities, with the recognition from the law. This basically means that you can save people on the streets without worrying about the law."

"We can basically be heroes!" Kirishima said, an excited smile on his face.

Aizawa, however, didn't let that moment last long, "Don't get too excited, you'll have to work for it."

"What will the examination consist of, Aizawa-sensei?" Iida asked, formal as always.

"That'll be discussed closer to the event. For now, you have to train for it."

***

You took a deep breath, before knocking on Todoroki's dorm room. It was afternoon, the day before training for the provisional hero license exam started. After waiting a few moments and hearing nothing from his end, you slowly opened the door, peeking your head inside.

It was empty, so you decided to wait inside. You sat down on the floor, since there was no bed, and took the room in properly.

It was Japanese-style, with a small table and a chair on the left, along with a weird plant, and two cabinets with a bunch of drawers on the other side. It was pretty much plain, but still nice.

As you glanced at the door again, you saw it open, and in came Todoroki. Once he spotted you, he stopped, then fully entered and placed his bag on the floor.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

Just then, you realized how weird he must be feeling, seeing you casually hanging out in his room, "I didn't mean to barge in, but you weren't here when I came, so I decided to wait here." You said.