Carnival

Zim POV

I can't believe this is happening! I thought, very annoyed that Gir had to come to our date. 

It was our first one, with the Dib-human and me, and I'm not thrilled.

It took a lot, and I mean a lot, of persuasion from Dib-human to let Gir come along.

I agreed, but as long as he will behave, it'll be fine.

I hold the Dib-human's hand so that I wouldn't get lost.

He blushed but didn't say anything.

"Hm! As predicted, you are pleased with the mighty Zim!" I said, praising myself.

Dib looked annoyed but had a smile on his face.

"Yeah, yeah. I am pleased." 

We continued our walk across the carnival, not that I was still unhappy with Gir around, but at least Dib-human and I are together.

"So, what do you want to do, Zim?" I heard the human asked.

"Whatever you want, Dib-human. After all, all you needed was my presence to make this 'date' perfect!" I said, not noticing him getting irritated.

"Okay, okay. Oh, let's go there!" He said, grabbing my hand and running.

"MARY'S HAPPY! YIPPEE!" Gir said, making my mood sour. 

"Shush, Gir. We agreed, remember?" I said. 

Gir yelped in excitement as we were heading inside to this 'House of Mirrors.' 

"What is this place?" I asked, not fully knowing the human activity yet. 

"It's called the 'House of Mirrors.' You basically can enter and see your reflection in different types. Like you can see yourself big or small, fat or skinny, and many more," Dib-human explained with ease. 

We entered, and it was too many mirrors for me to count.

Dib laughed along the way as we each passed a different set of mirror reflections it showed us, and I was not happy when I looked like Skoomp. 

As soon as we exited, I was still holding Dib's hand. 

"OMG, look!" I heard Dib said before dragging me again. 

This time, there were people with different costumes. 

"Look, here's an 'alien'!" Dib mocked me.

I didn't say anything, but I was mad on the inside.

"Oh, whatever! The Great Zim does not need to ruin this date any further!" I said, being overconfident. 

Dib laughed, and we took some pictures as a 'human tradition.' 

"Why must we do this again?" I asked, not remembering why we should do this.

"It's to cherish memories, Zim," Dib answered.

I wasn't still too sure about this, but I was fine as long as Dib is happy. 

Next, we went to another person in a costume as an alien, much to dislike.

Gir and Dib didn't notice this, but I wasn't happy about taking pictures with randos. 

We had someone take a picture of us, although I was frowning, and then I saw a cotton candy stand. 

"Let Zim get that delicious cotton candy now!" I command.

Dib laughed lightly before buying all of us one.

I decided to take a picture of me happily eating cotton candy, not noticing that Gir was eating Dib's cotton candy.

After the photo, I looked back to see Dib's cotton candy gone.

Guess he was that hungry..., I thought. 

Then, Dib started holding my hand again, and we went to every event to have fun for the rest of the day.

Time skip, a few hours later

Dib POV

After having fun at the carnival, I decided to take everyone to see the fireworks. 

Of course, Zim didn't know much about the fireworks, so on the way, I explain to him what they are.

He kept asking questions, and I answered them with ease.

Once we got there, I picked out a place for us to sit and looked up at the stars.

"Beautiful, are they?" I mumbled, not knowing that Zim heard me. 

"Yes, but you are the most beautiful being I ever met~," Zim said, sitting next to me while I blushed.

"T-Thanks, Zim," I comment.

I didn't know that I was getting close to him until I moved my hands to his face to kiss him.

"Heh, needy are you~?" I heard Zim said, pulling me close to him.

And, on cue, we kissed when the fireworks began.

No one POV

Unknown to Dib and Zim, Gir snickered while taking a picture behind their backs. 

Oh, how fun it was for all three of them to have the best day ever...