I'm Done! Part 1

Based on this one-shot, the AU is called Done Dib AU by @pastel-gothicorn in Tumblr. I admire this AU and hope that all of you will enjoy reading this. 

Dib POV

I was panting after a long day's work from letting Zim take over Earth. 

It was a struggle for me to get a grip, but I must do this to protect my home.

Humanity is at stack unless I foil Zim's plans first before he can activate them.

I picked up my backpack and began to walk home.

I expected Gaz to be at home and Dad at work, but I was wrong.

When I opened the door, I saw Dad and Gaz at the table. 

I closed it and headed to my room to put my things up, but I heard Dad's voice calling me.

"Son, do you mind if we talk?" He said sternly.

I gulped and sat down at the table.

"What is it?" I asked nervously.

"I've been seeing you focused too much on this nonsense of 'aliens.' It's time for you to study the real meaning of science!" My Dad announced.

"But Dad-" I started to speak, but Gaz began to talk.

"Just do what he says. The less you talk about aliens, the better quiet I'll have," Gaz said without hesitation. 

My heart ached when I heard her say that.

Why would she say that? I mean, she doesn't care about me before, but still..., I thought. 

I simply got up from the table and went to my room.

Once I was inside, I locked the door and placed my backpack on the ground. 

I felt tears streaming down, and I didn't hold back.

I wiped and wiped the tears falling from my face, and it didn't help much for showing weakness.

I guess even my family got tired from my 'weird' obsession..., I thought, still wiping. 

I tried not to scream from the sorrow I feel in my chest, but it was hard. 

I decided to continue to do my work, despite my family's opinions. 

I finally stopped crying after a few minutes and sigh.

Why must people have to be rude about me? I thought.

I got into my bed and wrapped myself in my blanket to try to get some sleep.

I just hope that tomorrow is alright, I thought before closing my eyes.

Hopefully...

Time skip, next day

Still Dib POV

I was walking to class after a nasty fight with the bullies.

I didn't wait for Gaz as I was still kind of mad at her for saying what she said last night.

On my way, I didn't see Ms.Bitter anywhere.

 Great, must be skipping teaching, typical, I thought. 

I sat down on my desk to wait for the rest of the class to come in, including him

Soon, everyone was coming in, and Zim had a smug look on his face.

Uh oh..., I thought, glaring at him. 

Ms. Bitters finally came in and announced that school was canceled due to an 'accident.'

My gut was telling me that it was Zim's work, and I was about to tell Ms. Bitters who it was until someone else said, "Gee, Dib. Are you going to blame Zim again? That's getting old already."

I stopped myself and instead stayed quiet, remember the talk from last night. 

Ms. Bitters tilted her head in confusion but grunted as she finally got away from the class.

I packed my bag and headed home without Gaz after everyone left class, including Zim.

And it's still early..., I thought, checking the time. 

I saw Gaz talking to her friends about some game, but I paid no attention to that. 

Once I was in the alleyway, I saw Zim with a smirk on his face.

"How did you like it?" He asked 'innocently.'

"What are you talking about?" I said in suspension. 

Zim laughed with excitement as he explained what his plan was all along.

"I'll stop you!" I said with determination.

He continued to laugh as he prepared himself to fight me.

I placed myself into a battle stance, and then we fought for hours.

Time skip, five hours later

Dib POV

I was panting before punching Zim's face and was pushed back.

It took a while for Zim to be on the same level as me, but I was already tired of fighting.

"How does it feel?" He suddenly said, making me stop.

"How does what feel?" I said, suspecting him again. 

"That no one ever listens to you," He said while smirking darkly.

"W-What?" I asked, but he continued. 

"To have no one by your side? To be by yourself while everyone thinks that you're crazy?" 

"S-Shut up..." I said, looking down.

"To be useless for anyone to be with and everyone believing me?"

"Stop!" I pleaded, covering my ears.

Unfortunately, he continued on and on until my breaking point exploded. 

"And, reality-like, to have your own family hate you?"

At this point, it broke me so badly, that I decided to give up on everything. 

"...You win..." I mumbled, getting up.

"Excuse me, I didn't quite hear that right?" Zim mocked me, but I didn't give a damn anymore.

"I said YOU WIN!" I yelled, shocking him.

"YOU WIN, ZIM! GO AHEAD AND BLOW UP THE EARTH FOR ALL I CARE! I'M DONE!" I said, storming off.

"D-Dib-stink-" Zim tried to reply, but I shove him away.

"Leave me alone, Zim! I'm done now and forever!" I screamed at him, walking away.

And I'm done with everything that people expected me to be. From now on, I'll do nothing to protect Earth and its people. All of them can go to hell for all I care. I'm... DONE...