Am I Worth It?

Warning- Dark angst as well as suicide. Read at your risk.

No one POV

"Am I worth it?" Dib asked, wiping the blood coming out of his mouth.

Dib was in the middle of a fight to destroy Zim's new latest plan.

"Worth it?! What kind of a question is that?!" Zim exclaimed before activating the bombs.

Dib quickly got up to try and stop it but not before feeling a stab at his right arm.

He hissed, but that didn't stop him.

He managed to deactivate the bomb, making Zim pissed.

"HOW DARE YOU?! I'LL GET YOU BACK FOR THIS, DIB-STINK!" Zim yelled before running off.

Dib sighed, walking away as well.

'It's been a long day...' He thought before sighing again. 

'Can't let Dad or Gaz see this, not that they care anyway...' 

Dib felt tears forming, but he withheld it.

He couldn't show weakness right now. Not when Earth is at stake.

But really, does he had to hold it in for so long?

💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

"Am I worth it?" Dib asked Zim, walking right beside him.

"What do you mean by that? Well, yeah, of course," Zim said, looking at Dib with a suspension look.

"Why do you ask that?"

"It's nothing, just curious," Dib admitted truly. 

It's been one year ever since Zim found out that his mission was a lie.

To cope, Zim and Dib decided to go out with a truce. 

Ever since then, Zim and Dib became somewhat friends.

"Hm... You better not be hiding something, Dib-friend," Zim said, looking at Dib intensely.

Dib nervously laughed as they entered the class, going to their assigned seat.

'Damn, does he care or not?' Dib thought, nervously scratching his arm.

'I mean, we're just friends right now; it wouldn't matter that much to Zim, right?'

Dib stared at the window, ignoring Ms.Bitter's teaching, and sighed.

'Even so, let's just hope that nothing goes wrong...'

💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

"Am I worth it?" Dib asked nervously at Zim.

Zim smiled at Dib as he held his hand and said, "Yes, Dib. Yes, you are."

This made Dib smiled faintly too, but not much joy was on his face.

'Of course, he would say that to make me feel better...' Dib thought before blushing.

He cuddled up to Zim after their 'fun' time, if you know what I mean~

Dib sighed before looking at Zim again.

'Thank goodness he thought that these scars are from our old battles...'

"I love you..." Dib said before cuddling in Zim's chest and falling asleep. 

'I love you too...' Zim thought, hugging Dib tightly.

💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

"Am I worth it?!" Dib exclaimed, slamming his hands down onto the table.

It's been three years since they were together, but something broke that spark a long time ago.

Lately, Zim became more distant, always finding excuses in his life.

Of course, Dib thought it was something small, and now, this is happening.

"WHY WOULD I GIVE A DAMN TO YOU, ANYWAY?! YOU'RE NOT EVEN WORTH IT, STUPID HUMAN!" Zim argued before walking away.

It left Dib's heart completely break causing him to cry. 

'I knew it. I should've known for a long time... He hates me just like everyone else did... Why me?'

Dib looked at his hand that slammed the table and sigh.

'That's it, huh? It's over...' Dib thought, grabbing his things to leave.

'Goodbye, Zim,' He thought before closing the door to finished what he thought to do a long time ago...

💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

'"Am I worth it?"' Zim heard Dib's voice inside his head.

He kneels to place the flowers that he purchased for his Dib.

Then, he felt tears coming down his face.

Dib's death hit him hard that night.

It was the last time they ever spoke, and, unfortunately, Zim found Dib dead by a river.

He tried to save him, but it was too late.

Dib was gone... and he wasn't coming back.

'Oh, my love, you were always worth it...' Zim thought, crying out as he apologized over and over again.

"Zim- I'm very sorry, Dib-love. Just let this be a prank, please come back..." Zim pleaded, clutching onto the necklace Dib gave him.

'Please...' Zim thought, but he knows that nothing will make him come back.

'You were always worth it, my love...'