I Only Act Strong To Hide My Pain

Lovebug AU is one of my favorites AUs. It's by @truekrisstianity. Warning- It may be OOC, so bear it with me...

Dib POV

I was sitting outside after school and had no one with me. And I was perfectly fine with that.

However, I watched as Zim was talking to some other students in his happy, cheerful mood.

I was absolutely appalled at how he can act as if nothing too serious can go wrong. My mind was itching for me to leave, yet my body decides to betray that. 'C'mon, move!' I thought, trying to at least move but nothing.

At least when Zim turned to see me, I managed to look away.

'But this stupid body has other ideas,' I sarcastically thought.

"Dib-bee!" Zim said, approaching me.

'Oh no, no, no, no-'

"Hi~!" He said while smiling.

I instantly groan and told him to fuck off. However, much to my luck, he didn't budge.

'Son of a bit-'

"Dib-bee, are you alright?" He asks, concern for me.

"I'm fine, Zim. Just leave me alone," I harshly said before walking away.

Despite my attempts for him to go away, he wouldn't follow my statement.

 I lit out a cigarette and began smoking, much to Zim's disapproval.

"Diiiib~! You can't do that! It'll hurt you even more!" He said, trying to take it away. I shoved him and continued to smoke.

"If it bothers you so much, why can't you just leave me be?" I asked while rolling my eyes.

"Because I worry about you, Dib~!" He answered.

"Well, I don't. So, just leave me alone!" I said, disregarding Zim as I leave him.

It didn't take long for me to arrive at my house with the Professor in the basement.

I didn't reply to him as I went upstairs and slammed my things onto the floor.

I smoked as I looked up from the ceiling and didn't seem to bother at all.

'That's because that's not you...' A voice said.

I bit my lips as I looked down now.

'True, but this is who I am now...' I replied.

'No, it's not,' The voice argued.

'How do you know?'

'That's because I am you, dumbass. The real you.'

'Liar...'

'Am not!'

'Whatever...'

Silence took over as I still smoked until 'it' replied, 'You should apologize to Zim.'

'For what, exactly?' I angrily thought.

'For treating him bad!'

'I'm not doing that. That's just who I am,' I argued.

'So?! You have no right to do that!'

'I can act like that with anyone, and you can't do anything about it...'