Everything Stays...

Warning- It's going to be sad, so prepare the tears! The song's name is Everything Stays by Olivia Olsen. And sorry if it's short...

Zim POV

~~~~~~~~~

Let's go in the garden,
You'll find something waiting,
Right there where you left it lying upside down.

~~~~~~~~~

I was walking to the garden where Dib and I used to go whenever we were feeling down. 

We would usually do this every day unless we had something to do or spend time elsewhere. 

Nowadays, Dib and I just stare up at the night sky for the stars. It may not be that important to me, but it makes me feel happy to see Dib like that. The curious, smiling expression on his face.

I would never forget about it. It really is that special to me...

~~~~~~~~~

When you finally find it, you'll see how it's faded,
The underside is lighter when you turn it around.

~~~~~~~~~

I grumbled as I was stepping on mud for the fifth time this week. It may have been raining, but Zim gives no excuse for this dirt!

Heh, thinking about it now, the Dib-thing would just enjoy the rainy day. Whether it was tortured for me or not, I still get to see his beautiful face.

Once I saw that the dirt was drying up ahead, I sigh with relief.

'At least I have the flowers for the Dib...' I thought sadly before looking down.

~~~~~~~~~

Everything stays right where you left it,
Everything stays,
But it still changes.

~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Dib, it's been a while..." I spoke softly, placing the flowers down.

The tombstone says his name and how long he lived, yet I didn't care about that. 

All I did care about was Dib not being with me anymore.

-Flashback-

"Dib, just stay with me! Everything's going to be fine!" I pleaded, carrying Dib to get to my base.

Dib was trying to say something, but he coughed up some blood.

"You owe me a new shirt..." I mumbled, trying to see the positive side.

'The Dib will be fine. We'll have you fix up!' I thought, still clinging to Dib.

"Zim?" Dib mumbled, trying to speak.

It hurt me straight to my heart, and I assured him that things will be fine.

"I'm sorry," I heard him mumbling, trying to keep his eyes open.

"Dib-thing, you will not die on my hands, okay?! Not today, not ever!" I shouted, not wanting this to be true.

"Heh, you always lie, Zim. Even so... I... I love you..." He says before finally closing his eyes with a smile.

"NO! NO, DIB! DON'T YOU DARE DO THIS TO ME!" I shouted, clinging onto Dib as tears were falling.

-End of Flashback-

That was the last time I ever saw Dib right next to me, and I will forever regret not saving him.

I sat down right next to him and sighed.

"I miss you, you know?" I mumbled, not expecting a reply.

"I was so used to not having anyone pay attention to me, yet you were the only one. You were the only person that got my attention. You were there for me when I needed help, when the Tallest announced that my mission was a lie, when I needed comfort, when I... started to developed feelings for you. And yet... you died. Your stupid human body couldn't handle an explosion! How pathetic is that, Dib?! You were supposed to be with me, alive and happy, as we were going to live together!" I ranted, tears pouring.

I hugged myself as I couldn't stop thinking about my human.

"Why... Why did you have to leave me all alone?" I thought out loud.

After a few moments of silence, I shakily sighed and said, "Heh, you really are something, Dib..."

I got up after pressing my fingers to my lips and then to the tomb.

"I love you..." I said, closing my eyes for a few moments before walking away.

As I turned to walk away, I didn't hear anything until I heard a voice, "I love you too, Space-boy." I stopped and looked around, but I didn't find anything.

'My mind's going crazy,' I thought before walking away again. 

Unknowing to me, I didn't see Dib there, smiling with the flowers and tears falling.

~~~~~~~~~

Ever so slightly, daily and nightly,
In little ways, when everything stays...

~~~~~~~~~