17: No air

Melody gasps and her hand comes up to cover her nose as she stares at me appalled. The adrenaline pumps through my body at a rapid speed, not allowing me to see anything but rage. I stare at her, consumed wth fury as I go over all the things she's said to me in my head. My heart beats fast in my chest. I shake off the hand that I used to punch her, shocked by the soreness in it. Just when I look down to monitor my hand, I feel a sharp, stinging pain as the palm of her hand strikes my cheek.

The tingling sensation in my cheek does nothing but send me into a state of violent, uncontrollable anger.

My hands curl up into a fist at my side. All Melody has time to do is blink as I direct my first towards her face for a second time. She stumbles back. Despite having the wind completely knocked out of her, she doesn't hit the ground. The wall catches her fall and allows her to regain her balance. Seeing her on her feet makes me want to jump on her and beat her senseless to the point where she'll learn to not even look in my direction.

"You insecure, crazy bitch!" She scoffs at me, touching the point of her nose every few seconds. She looks hurt for a while, but then she starts to chuckle. "Punching me in the face isn't going to stop your husband from sleeping with me."

The feeling that I get as I hear those words is indescribable. I've never felt anything like it before, but I know that it can only be described as one thing: violent, uncontrollable anger.

Who I am--or more like who I've made myself become-- disappears entirely as I spring towards her, reaching for her shirt to have a direct grip on her as I use a strength I never thought I had to sling her on her ground. Once her body brutally hits the ground, it isn't enough for me. I get down too, climbing on top of her and straddling her body so that I can grab her hair and pull it so hard that you'd think I was trying to pull it out. My nostrils flare, but the only thing I can think of as I stare at her beneath me swatting her hands tryng to push me off of her to catch a breath is how much I absolutely despise her.

It's not my hatred for her that makes me want to sit on her so that she can't breath and yank her hair though. It's the image of her and Ashton that makes me want to kill her. It's the thought of everything she's saying being true and seeing him with her, in bed together, that drives me insane. She'd do it too. She wouldn't hesitate and knowing that only grows my rage.

"This will be the last time you tell me anything." I grit out, consumed by the worser parts of myself.

It's like all the pent up anger and aggression I have in me is being let out on her. I can't help but think of all the people who have ever hurt or betrayed me, and all the times that it's happened. The tears, the pain, all the times I would be so consumed by trauma that all I could do was scream into my pillow, praying it would take the load off. For all those years, I just let it take over me and I never did anything about it.

I feel Melody's weak hits as she swats her hands, trying to push me off of her. She turns to the side, struggling as she attempts to move me off of her.

"You're....." She coughs as she speaks, fighting to get her words out. "Choking.......me!"

When I look down, I am. My hands are wrapped around her neck and not pulling her hair anymore. I don't remember when it happened, but my grip is tight and now that I'm staring at the tears coming out of her eyes, I notice.

I don't get time to come to terms with what I'm doing. Just as soon as I notice that I'm choking her, I'm being pulled off of her and out of the elevator in a whiff.

"Catalina!" They say my name as they drag me away from her.

Then, when I realize that it's Ashton pulling me away, my anger goes absolutely nowhere.