Chapter Thirty-Six: Tik Tok

After work, Zoey and I headed back to the apartment and got ready for our night out with Joan together while she filled me in about Jessica. Apparently it was harmless; Jessica just wanted her help with a surprise she had planned for Simon. 

I was standing in front of the mirror as we discussed this, tying my hair up into a bun and sliding a hair comb into it. I went for a more dressy look, seeing as I had absolutely no clue what we would be doing and therefore, didn't know the dress code, and I would much rather be overdressed than under. 

"So everything worked out then. I'm glad," I stated, turning around to face her, "I just wish my brother had the same luck."

"Ooh, also, I should update Mo on the whole situation."

"Yes, also I want his opinion on this." I surveyed my outfit in the full length mirror, glancing at Zoey to see that she had already begun walking towards the door. I turned, quickly snapping a picture of my reflection and texting it to Leif.

So what do you think? If we had been on a date at Simon's Party, I would have showed up like this.

💐 🌸 🌹 🌺 🌻 🌼 🌷 🌱 🌲Leif Donnelley 🌳 🌴 🌵 🌾 🌿 ☘️ 🍀 🍁 🍂 🍃

I think that life isn't fair, Joan doesn't deserve you, and I would love the world to know that we live in the bizarre dreamscape where such a beautiful woman is choosing to be with a skinny dork like me. 

I chuckled, following Zoey out the door and across the hall.

You're not a skinny dork. Well, you are but...I happen to be insanely into that kind of thing. Is it disgustingly cheesy to say that I can't wait to see you?

💐 🌸 🌹 🌺 🌻 🌼 🌷 🌱 🌲Leif Donnelley 🌳 🌴 🌵 🌾 🌿 ☘️ 🍀 🍁 🍂 🍃

Maybe. But its a disgustingly cheesy feeling that I can relate to. 

"Guess what," Zoey asked, opening Mo's door so that we could step through it, "Good news."

"You finally bought a dress." Mo stated, sitting on a stool in front of a mannequin wearing a white dress shirt and I tie. "Mm, at least let me help you accessorize."

"Also, real quick, thoughts 'Oh Fashion Oracle'?" I asked, waving my arms over my ensemble.

"Girl, what are you asking me for. I mean, yes I am fashionably inclined, but you have never struggled in that department. Pop off, Mary!" I chuckled, shaking my head as he stood up to get Zoey's accessories.

"No, that wasn't my news." Zoey said as I typed out a reply to Leif.

So, what do you think? Can we both try and stay as sober as possible tonight so that we can actually enjoy our time together?

💐 🌸 🌹 🌺 🌻 🌼 🌷 🌱 🌲Leif Donnelley 🌳 🌴 🌵 🌾 🌿 ☘️ 🍀 🍁 🍂 🍃

Its a date. 

"The news is that I actually am not in trouble. Jessica just needed some help."

"Are you still planning on going to Simon's engagement party?" Mo questioned, walking around the apartment. "Playing with Fire."

"No! We are going for drinks with Joan, and the car should be here any minute."

"Oh, fun."

"If you say so." Zoey said, glancing at me. "What are you doing tonight?"

" I am going to Simon's engagement party." Mo held up to gold necklaces, gesturing to me. I surveyed them before pointing to the one on the right. He nodded in agreement. "Max needed a wingman."