5. Ground Life

Quote/lyric: 1)Just close your eyes. The sun is going down. You'll be alright. No one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound~Taylor Swift~Safe and Sound
2) I hear the sound if my own voice asking you to stay~Taylor Swift~Treacherous

It had been three days since they'd brought Jasper back to camp and he was getting much worse. Clarke, Finn, and Wells went out to find some medicine for him while Octavia tended to Jasper. Dakota had been with him all night and she couldn't take his moaning and crying anymore. It was setting her on edge.

The wall was coming along well and Dakota strolled out of the entrance to find the gang of boys throwing knives. Bellamy gave her a small smile and she gave a slight wave. A few of the boys gave Bellamy a weird look. Things had been awkward between them since they had agreed on a "friendship." Neither of them really knew how to act and there was this strange tension between them so they had ended up staying clear of each other and busying themselves with other things.

"Can we help you?" Asked a boy named Atom. This caused Murphy to turn around and glare when he saw Dakota.

"What are you doing here?" He snapped.

"Hunting elephants," said Dakota sarcastically. Bellamy was the only one to chuckle.

Murphy's eyes narrowed and he pulled his arm back and threw his knife in her direction. Dakota jumped out of the way, but she didn't need to. The hilt of the knife hit the tree and fell to the ground.

"That was pathetic!" Dakota laughed.

"Like you could do any better," said Murphy.

He was probably right, but what could taking the chance hurt? "Fine," said Dakota pulling out her knife. She threw it towards the tree Murphy was standing next to. It stuck in the bark perfectly and Murphy stared.

"We could use you on the hunt today," said Atom.

Murphy turned on him. "No way!" He protested. "She's a total pain in the ass! She'll get out there and cry after we kill something."

"She's not a little kid, Murphy," said Bellamy.

"Have you ever killed anything before?" Atom asked.

Dakota gave him a grim smile. "You obviously don't know how I ended up in lockup."

Murphy stayed behind while the rest of the boys and Dakota went to hunt. Bellamy stayed close to Dakota as if he thought she shouldn't be out there. They where all quiet and they didn't find anything for a long time. Dakota had come across the remains of an old steel box and opened it curiously. She pulled out a bottle of brown liquid and looked at it curiously.

"Who's... Jack Daniels?" She asked to no one in particular and Bellamy laughed.

"Give me that," he said reaching for the bottle but Dakota kept a firm grasp on it. "It's whisky," Bellamy explained.

"I've never had whisky," said Dakota as she shoved the bottle in her backpack.

They continued on but they all froze when they heard a strange sound, like a horn.

"What the hell was that?" Asked Atom.

They all looked around. That's when they saw the wall of yellow fog descending upon them. They all stared as it crept forward and Dakota took a step towards it. Bellamy grabbed her hand. She stuck her other arm out, curiously reaching towards it. She let out a strangled cry as her fingers brushed the fog. They sizzled and the skin ripped open and burned. "Run!" She yelled at the boys.

It was chaos. They all ran in separate directions. Bellamy grabbed Dakota's hand and pulled her along as she tried to keep the boys together. "Come on!" He yelled at her.