12. Dangers and Distractions

Quote/lyric: 1) I know what I wanna do wanna runaway, runaway with you~Ed Sheeran~Runaway
2) I'll tell you my sins so you can sharpen your knife~Hozier~Take Me To Church

Bellamy's arms where wrapped tightly around Dakota when she woke up. She glanced at Bellamy's peaceful sleeping face. He somehow looked younger, less tough. She laid her head back down and Bellamy stirred. He opened his eyes and Dakota said, "Morning sleepy."

His eyes focused in on her and he smiled. "Morning cripple."

Dakota scowled and sat up. "I am not crippled." She was still hurt but she felt surprisingly better than she had last night. She put the thought that Bellamy had something to do with it out of her mind. Bellamy stood and pulled on his boots as Dakota swung her legs over the edge of the bed. When she stood she stumbled and Bellamy caught her. "I-I'm fine," Dakota stuttered as she stared into Bellamy's eyes, her hands pressed against his bare chest. He made sure she was steady before letting go.

"Maybe you should stay here," said Bellamy.

"I can't stay in your tent all day. That's-" Dakota couldn't find a word to fit. Creepy? Weird? Awkward. It was definitely awkward. Honestly, this whole situation was awkward.

"You can barely stand," he protested.

"I'm fine," said Dakota as she pulled open the flap of his tent. She could hear him protesting behind her but she was already gone.

She met Jasper and Monty in the drop ship and they both gave her a knowing smile when she entered.

"Why are you giving me that look?" Dakota asked as she peeled off her bandages and examined her cuts. It had been five days so they where completely scabbed over.

"Where have you been?" Said Jasper suggestively.

"Yeah," Monty had the same cheeky tone. "You weren't in your tent."

Dakota was sure they already knew where she had been and were completely making fun of her. "Shut up," she said.

"Come on," Monty whispered so no one else but the three of them could here. "You stayed in his tent. And you where there for like three days."

"He just wanted to keep an eye on me." Jasper started to say something but Dakota said, "Seriously? We are not having this conversation again. There is nothing between me and Bellamy!" Monty and Jasper answered with "okays" but she heard Jasper whisper, "She's totally in denial." And Monty nodded.

It had been at least two weeks since Dakota had been sliced up by the grounders and she was doing so much better. The thick cuts where turning to scars. The slice across her cheek was fading, but still there.

"Dakota! Bellamy! Come here!" Clarke was yelling from a tent. Dakota entered to find Clarke and Raven sitting in front of a screen showing an empty room in the Ark. Bellamy entered shortly after. It was slightly uncomfortable seeing him because the last time they had spoken was when she had stayed in his tent. They had both been busy.

"We've got a video with the Ark working," explained Raven. "Jaha will be here to talk to us in a second."

Bellamy was out the door before either of them could say anything, Raven following. Dakota sat next to Clarke, refusing to acknowledge her questioning looks. They were silent for a moment until Jaha's face appeared on the screen.

"Hello Clarke," he said formally.  "Dakota. How are things on the ground?"

Dakota resisted the urge to tell him that it was wonderful having no food, getting tortured by grounders, and constantly being covered in dirt and blood.