18. Enemy of My Enemy

Quote/lyric: We're the wild ones. Raised by the wolves. We howl to the moon. ~Bahari~ Wild Ones

Raven's screaming echoed throughout the drop ship as Finn held her down. Dakota gritted her teeth at the grisly sight before her; Raven's wound being burned by Clarke's blazing knife.

"How did Murphy get a gun?" asked Finn angrily. 

Dakota adjusted the makeshift sling her arm hung in. "It's a long story..."

"At least he hit me and not the fuel tank," said Raven. "Then we would all be dead." 

"There's rocket fuel?" asked Clarke, connecting the same dots Dakota was. "Enough to build a bomb?"

Raven nodded. "Enough to build a hundred bombs. But we don't have any gun powder..."

Bellamy shook his. "What about the reapers? The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?" 

"Not these enemies. Trust me, we saw them," said Clarke ominously. 

"There's no time for this," said Finn, turning to Clarke. "Can she walk or not?"

Clarke shook her head. "We have to carry her."

"No way," Raven protested. "I'm okay. I'm good." She struggle to sit up, only to be pushed back down by Clarke and Dakota's hands. 

"That bullet is still in you," said Clarke. "It has to hold until we get somewhere safe and wherever that is, you are not walking there."

"She's right," Dakota agreed. "Wherever we're going, we need you. And we'll have a lot more trouble if you collapse on us half way into the trip."

Raven nodded and Finn stepped away to get a stretcher.

Bellamy shook his head again. "Looks like you can't run away fast enough, huh? So brave."

Finn turned on him. "Dying in a fight you can't win isn't brave," said Finn forcefully. "It's stupid, Bellamy." 

"That's what every cowards says. Just looking for an excuse to run away from a fight."

Dakota pulled on Bellamy's arm, forcing him to take a step back. "Knock it off, both of you! We don't have time for this." Bellamy looked at her, everything he wanted to say clear in the anger in his eyes. "You know I want to stay just as much as you do, but the last thing we should do is separate and the majority of the group wants to leave."

Finn turned towards her. "Well if he wants to stay, he can." He moved to leave the drop ship. 

Dakota looked at Bellamy, examining the pondering look on his face. She pulled his chin so he was looking at her. "They can't do this without you. I can't do this without you, Bellamy. Come on." 

"She's right," said Clarke. "Everyone out there, they listen to you." She turned to Dakota. "Both of you." Clarke seemed to understand that they weren't going anywhere unless it was together. 

"They're lining up to leave for you," protested Bellamy.

"I gave them an easy choice," said Clarke. "But they were willing to fight and die for you. You inspire them."

"They look up to you, Bel. Wherever we're going, we'll need that." Dakota took his hand. Clarke turned and made her way out of the drop ship, but Bellamy stayed still. He looked at Dakota with sad eyes.

"This is our home," he said softly. "We made this place. We survived here."

She reached up and placed her hand on his cheek, pulling his forehead to rest on hers. "I know. But we can't survive here anymore. Maybe, if we get away from the grounders, we can have a life. A real life." The image of her and Bellamy flashed through her head; living in a house by the beach that they'd built themselves, little toddlers with dark curly hair running around, the two of them, happy and safe. "We could make a life. No kids to protect. No wars to fight. Just us."

Radioactive ||The 100||✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara