13. Unity Day

Quote/lyric: Kiss me like you want to be loved~Ed Sheeran~Kiss Me

Dakota and Bellamy sat side by side in the tent in front of the projection screen. They where waiting for Jaha and they were going to ask him to pardon Bellamy's crime. His hands shook and Dakota laced her fingers with his.

"Relax," she said softly. "It's going to be okay."

Bellamy gripped her hand tightly and stared straight ahead at the monitor. The screen flickered and then Jaha's face appeared in front of them.

"Hello Dakota," he said, his voice very formal.

"Chancellor," said Dakota. Bellamy's grip on her hand tightened.

Jaha turned to Bellamy and stared at him hardly. "Who is this?" He asked.

Bellamy cleared his throat nervously. "Bellamy Blake."

Bellamy explained everything to Jaha; the shooting and why he did it. Jaha listened intently until Bellamy was done speaking.

"He's done so much for us here on the ground," Dakota explained. "Without Bellamy we wouldn't be alive." She paused and looked to Jaha for a reaction, but saw none. "He should be pardoned."

It was deathly silent. Jaha looked from Dakota to Bellamy and then said, "Bellamy Blake, I pardon you for your crime."

A group of boys where making a bonfire and setting out barrels of moonshine for Unity Day.

"Hey, Dakota!" Called a boy named Noah. "Try some of this." He held out a cup and Dakota drank from it.

It burned her throat heavily and she gagged. "What is that?"

"Moonshine," Noah said with a smirk.

Dakota coughed. "Give me some more."

The bonfire was roaring for the Unity Day celebration. Everyone was dancing, including Monty, Jasper, and Dakota. Monty spun Dakota around and Jasper caught her in his arms and dipped her dramatically and they laughed together. Jasper and Monty stopped when someone came up behind Dakota. "We're going to get a drink," said Jasper as he dragged Monty off with him.

Dakota turned around to find Bellamy standing in front of her, "Want to dance?" He asked, a small smile on his face.

Dakota nodded and Bellamy put his hands on her waist and she hung hers loosely on his shoulders. Their chests pressed against each other and Dakota was worried he could feel her heart pounding. She looked around for something, anything to break the silence. "Where are Clarke and Finn?" She asked, her voice soft.

"They're making a plan for a peace talk with the grounders," said Bellamy just as quietly. He was so close, the bottom of his chin grazing her temple. He pulled back and looked at her, completely forgetting about the conversation, and laid his forehead against hers. Dakota took a deep, shaky breath. His lips barely grazed hers when they heard screaming.

They jumped apart and looked around frantically. The screaming was coming from the monitor that was displaying the celebration on the Ark. People where running around screaming and there was dust and ruble everywhere.

"What happened?" Asked Dakota.

"Someone set off a bomb," said Raven.

"What?" Asked Dakota, shocked. "Who would do that?"

There was no answer and then the screen went dead. Dakota could feel the panic setting in. Everyone was talking loudly and her body began to feel cold.

"Oh my god!" She exclaimed, her voice a higher octave than usual. "What do we do?"

"Hey, just calm down," said Bellamy, gently grabbing her arms.

"I can't!" Dakota's voice had risen almost to a shout. "What do we do we cant-"

She was cut off by Bellamy pulling her into his tent and gripping her arms tightly. He looked deep into her eyes. "Just calm down."

"How do you expect me to calm down?" Dakota exploded, ripping her arms from Bellamy's grasp. "We're going to die down here and they're going to die up there!" Her voice shook with panic. "And Finn wants to make peace with those-those savages!" Dakota pulled down the collar of her shirt so Bellamy could see the scars on her. "How can we make peace with them when they did this to me?" She ran her hands through her curly hair exasperatedly. "It's not worth it any more! I can't do this! I don't have anything to live for anymore! It's just not worth it I can't-"

Bellamy cut her off by crashing his lips into hers. Dakota stood shocked until he pulled away.

"Why did you do that?" she asked breathlessly. 

"Just wanted you to shut up."

 He pulled her in for another kiss and she wove her fingers in his curling black hair. She could feel the warmth of his hands on her back. Their lips moved in sync as she pushed off his jacket. He picked her up and set her on a table in the middle of the room, her legs on either side of him. She pulled his shirt over his head and ran her hands down his chest, causing Bellamy to shiver. He pulled her shirt over her head and moved his lips down to her neck. Dakota whimpered as he lightly sucked on the tender skin. His hands roamed her stomach over the scars, up her back, and into her hair. She fidgeted nervously. Bellamy's lips were right by her ear. "Do you want me to stop?" He whispered.

"No," Dakota said. "I want you."

Bellamy kissed her lips again and her shaking fingers fiddled with the zipper on his pants. She heard him chuckle into the kiss. He kicked off his boots and pulled off his pants. He did the same to Dakota and then lifted her up and laid her on his bed.

He was so gentle with her, like he was afraid she was going to break in his arms as he whispered sweet things in her ear. He gripped her tightly, like he was scared she wasn't real, like she would disappear at any moment. The tent was filled with the sound of soft whimpers and groans. He would push the hair out of her face and she would dig her nails into his shoulder blades. He left one hand on her hip and the other laid next to their heads, their fingers laced together firmly.

It was so quiet when they were done, like they were the only two people on earth. Bellamy lay slightly on top of Dakota, his head buried in the crook of her neck, her arm wrapped around his torso.

"Was that...okay?" Bellamy whispered tentatively.

"Yeah," said Dakota, her face turning red. 

"Okay, good," Bellamy said quietly. "Because I-" he started. 

Dakota cut him off with a kiss, not wanting him to start babbling nervously. She pulled back, smiling. "Just wanted you to shut up."