7. Trying Times

Quote/lyric: A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to preserve and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles~Christopher Reeve

A day or so after Charlotte's death something very strange happened. Dakota was sitting outside by the fire with Monty and Jasper when she saw an unusually bright light in the sky. At first she thought it was a shooting star, but as it got closer she realized how wrong she was. "Is that a drop ship?" She asked Jasper and Monty.

They stared at the sky for a moment. As it got closer Dakota was sure that was what it was. "Clarke!" Yelled Dakota. "Clarke, come look at this!"

Clarke came running out of the drop ship looking curious. Dakota pointed to the sky. "That's a drop ship," Clarke confirmed.

"Who is it?" Asked Jasper.

But no one knew. After a minute or two it landed several miles away in the forest. "Should we go see who it is?" Dakota asked. She looked around at the others and before she could stop herself she blurted out, "Where's Bellamy?"

"He went hunting," said Octavia.

Everyone was silent for a moment, staring at each other. "I think we should go check it out," said Finn. Clarke and Dakota nodded in agreement. "Who else is coming?" Asked Finn. Everyone stared at the three of them. Their silence said it all.

"Fine," said Dakota, turning to Clarke and Finn. "We'll go."

It was a hard trek out to the clearing where the drop ship landed and when they got there it was empty.

"What the hell?" Was the first thing Dakota could think to say. "Why would they send down an empty drop ship?"

Clarke took a few steps towards it and said, "It looks like someone was in here." She was right. They was a small spatter of blood and the radio was gone.

There was a rustling in the trees and all three of them turned to look. A dark haired girl stumbled out and looked at them shocked. Then she gasped, "Finn?"

"Raven?" He answered.

She ran into his arms and slammed her lips to his. It was awkward for Dakota, watching them make out like they were the only ones there. The hurt was clear on Clarke's face.

"You okay?" Dakota whispered to her.

"Fine," answered Clarke in a way that showed she was anything but. Dakota hadn't asked Clarke about it as it wasn't any of her business, but she figured whatever was going on between Clarke and Finn had crumbled.

After Raven and Finn broke up apart, much to Dakota's relief, Raven turned to Clarke. "You're Clarke Griffin?" Clarke nodded. "I know your mom. She wanted me to tell you that if we don't get in contact with the Ark they're foo to kill three hundred people to save oxygen."

Clarke didn't say anything, she just ran to the drop ship and started looking around. Soon she became frantic. "Where's your radio?" She asks Raven, her voice panicked.

"What?" said Raven in disbelief. She ran to stand next to Clarke. "It was here when I left."

"Maybe one of the grounders took it," said Dakota.

Raven turned to look at her and said, "Who are you?"

"Dakota," she said simply.

"Oh, so your Kane's little princess, huh?" Dakota cocked her head to the side in an indignant way but Raven continued. "He's loosing his shit up there about you," laughed Raven. "He keeps screaming at Abby to get the connection back up to make sure you're alive."