14. Too Far Gone

Quote/lyric: He's so tall. And handsome as hell. He's so bad. But he does it so well~Taylor Swift~Wildest Dreams

Dakota woke to find Bellamy snuggled next to her, his face buried in the crook of her neck. She blushed beet red, remembering the events of the previous night. She wiggled in his grasp and his eyes fluttered open.

"Morning," he said, a sleepy, lopsided smile on his face.

"Hi," Dakota said breathlessly. She was unsure of what else to say. Thanks for sleeping with me? It was great? Let's do it again sometime? All of these thoughts ping ponged around in her head but she refused to say any of them.

Bellamy's fingers brushed over the skin of her stomach and he kissed her. She giggled and he pulled away.

"What?" He asked with a light laugh.

"I don't know I just..." Dakota said, trailing off and starting to laugh again. Bellamy began to kiss her all over her face and neck and chest until she was laughing so hard tears where streaming down her face. He stopped and laid his forehead against hers.

"Is everything okay?" He asked.

Dakota didn't answer, she just brought her lips up to meet his. The kiss was slow and passionate and it took Dakota's breath away. She wasn't sure she would ever get over the thrill of kissing Bellamy. He brought his lips down to her neck and kissed it softly. "I love you," he said quietly.

"What?" Dakota asked, not quite sure if she heard him right.

He brought his head up to look at her and said more firmly this time, "I love you."

Dakota wanted to say it back but the first thing that popped out of her mouth was "Why?"

Bellamy laughed. "What?"

"Why do you love me? Of all people? Why me?" Dakota was genuinely curious. No one had ever told her the reasons they were fond of her, only the reasons she was a nuisance.

"Because," explained Bellamy. "You're smart and brave and beautiful and you don't take shit from anybody. Even when they're complete douches to you like I was. Because you care about people and you're not just trying to survive, you're living. You make living down here worth it."

That was a lot for Dakota to take in. She bit her lip and Bellamy laughed, moving so he was hovering over her. Memories of last night made Dakota's cheeks go even redder.

"You have got to stop doing that," said Bellamy in a playful voice.

"What?" Asked Dakota, unsure of what exactly she was doing.

"Biting your lip," said Bellamy, kissing her. "It only makes me want you more." He connected their lips again and Dakota gasped when he lightly bit her bottom lip.

"Bellamy!" Someone yelled from outside.

Bellamy gave an over dramatic eye roll and sat up. "What?" He shouted back, clearly annoyed.

"Come here!" It was Clarke yelling at him. "Now!"

"She always has the worst timing," Bellamy grumbled angrily. He stood and began to pull on his clothes. Dakota stared at him, her heart beginning to pound. "What?" Said Bellamy with a laugh. "There's nothing here you haven't already seen."

Dakota felt her face heat up again. "Why's your face all red baby?" Said Bellamy, coming over and rubbing his thumb over Dakota's cheek. He laughed again and handed her her shirt.

They dressed quietly and Bellamy was about to leave but he turned back. "I'll see you in a little bit, okay?" He kissed her and left.

Dakota waited a few minutes, checked to make sure no one would see her coming out of Bellamy's tent, and then left too. There was a table with some berries and other food laid out and Dakota walked over to it. Octavia, who was standing there also, greeted her.