11. Remember Past Lives

Quote/lyric: 1)All progress occurs because people dare to be different~The fortune cookie I got with my dinner tonight (no joke)
2) You're not alone. Together we stand. I'll be by your side you know I'll take your hand~Avril Lavigne~Keep Holding On

Dakota woke up confused and unsure of where she was. She stared at the dark roof of an unfamiliar tent. She did realize that it was nighttime now. "Morning sleepy," said a voice. "Nice of you to join me."

Dakota turned her head from the pillow she was laying on to see Bellamy. He was fashioning a spear from wood as he sat by the bed. Dakota tried to sit up but her whole body screamed at her and she let out a whimper of pain and fell back on the bed.

"You've been asleep for like three days," said Bellamy as he sat next to her on the bed. "I was starting to think you were dead."

Dakota gave his arm a small shove. "Don't be an asshole."

"Me?" asked Bellamy mocking hurt shock. "An asshole? Never!"

Dakota laughed at how ridicules he was being. But after her laughter died away it was just her staring into Bellamy's dark eyes. She looked away.

"What are you thinking about?" Bellamy asked.

"The Unity Day dance," she said, slightly unsure. What if he didn't remember her? That would be awkward.

He turned to look at her and she saw the recognition in his eyes. "I remember that."

"Me too."

Bellamy chuckled. "All I wanted to know was your name."

"Well you've got it now."

"Yes I do, Dakota Kane." Bellamy smiled.

"Sadly," said Dakota dramatically. "I remember you, Bellamy Blake."

"You say that like its a bad thing."

Dakota gave a weak smile. "It used to be."

Bellamy was silent for a moment as he looked around. "I should probably get some sleep," he said.

Dakota started to sit up. "Ok. I'll just go-"

"No. No," said Bellamy. "You can stay there."

"Where are you going to sleep?" Dakota asked as she forced herself into a sitting position.

Bellamy looked around unsure. "I can sleep on the floor."

"No way," said Dakota as she tried to stand. "You should sleep in your own bed, dummy."

"You're not in any shape to go anywhere."

Dakota was too exhausted and in too much pain to argue. She grabbed his arm and pulled him towards her. "Come here then." He gave her a look that said seriously. "I'm cold anyway."

Bellamy laid down on the edge of the bed awkwardly and Dakota scooted closer to his warmth. "Seriously," she said quietly. "I'm freezing."

Bellamy wrapped his arms loosely around her and she buried her head in his chest. Her stomach erupted with with butterflies as he pulled her closer. She shivered but this time it wasn't from being cold. Dakota didn't know what to do. All she knew was that she felt undeniable connected to Bellamy Blake.