Lt Kevin Thomas Riley

Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley was a second year student at Star Fleet Academy when he returning to Star Base 12 on the U.S.S. Republic from attending his family's funeral and burial on Rigel Seven as his father, mother, and sister had been murdered by Kudos the governor of Rigel Seven as a measure that there wasn't enough food to feed everyone on Rigel Seven.

Kudos had escaped with his daughter under another name and he was left an orphan when he met Karissa Elizabeth Ann Lowell that who was also a orphan as she had lost her father and mother due to radiation poisoning on war torn planet Earth.

The two formed a unique friendship  on board the U.S.S. Republic as they traveled towards Star Base 12.

Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley was a handsome, young man of 18 when he met Karissa Elizabeth Ann that was 15 and by the time they arrived on Star Base 12 she would be 19 years and he would be 23 years old.

Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley and Karissa spent time together in the garden on board the U.S.S. Republic and they ate all their meals together and spent time together in the recreational hall  listening to music and conversing with each other.

Karissa Elizabeth Ann wanted to know more about her new  home on Star Base 12 and Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley told her it was very much like a new born Planet Earth.  

Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley told Karissa that the United Federation of Planets made sure it resembled as much a possible like Planet Earth and it's environment along with the remaining other 9 Star -Bases that the United Federation of Planets had formed.

"Is it safe Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley?" Karissa asked.

"Oh yes very safe. The crime rate is low and it is very peaceful in the evening hours and many people take their evening walks under the simulated moon created by The United Federation of Planets." Lt Kevin Thomas Riley states.

"Star Base 12 is covered with plush green laws, vegetation,  trees, flowers,  country manors, gardens, streams, man made lakes, and babbling streams.  Star Base rares never sees a winter, but it does experience Autumn, Spring and summer." Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley tells her.

"In town there are a number of shops that one can go shopping and the streets are lined with trees." Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley tells her.

"One of the most beautiful manors on Star Base 12 is owned by Lord Charles Andrew Howard it is called Norfolk Estate and it was built by his great-great-grandfather, Lord Patrick William Howard when he first arrived on Star Base 12." Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley tells her.

"Oh yes the runny nose aristocrats." Karissa laughs, " They must think they are better than everyone else because they are aristocrats."   

"Actually no not Lord Andrew Charles Howard. He deploys being born an aristocrat." Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley answers, "He actually attends Star Fleet Academy too."

"What a Duke's son attending Star Fleet Academy Lt.Kevin Thomas Riley.?"  Karissa asks.

"Lord Andrew Charles Howard's first cousin once removed, Lord David William Beck attended Star Fleet Academy before Lord Andrew Charles decided too. He is our senior medical officer on Star Base 12." Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley tells her.

"Lt. Commander David Beck is a only what the Howard's call a petty aristocrat and his family rose to the aristocracy through and by marriage." Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley explains.

"I am still not interested in the aristocracy Kevin Thomas Riley. " Karissa replies.

Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley looks at Karissa and he asks, "What are you looking for?"

"What am I looking for I looking to reclaim my life after the Nuclear War devastated Planet Earth. " Karissa answers, " The radiation rendered a great many of the young people sterile and infertile and I was one of the blessed one I am still fertile and I want children eventually."