𝟬𝟮𝟯. 𝗆𝗈𝗈𝗇𝗒, 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗆𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗅, 𝗉𝖺𝖽𝖿𝗈𝗈𝗍, 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗇𝗀𝗌, 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖽𝗈𝗏𝖾

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐏𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐌  ── ◦'𖥸'◦ ──  𝒜𝒞𝒯 𝒪𝒩𝐸 ↳ ❛ the truth is out ❜︎ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟯 ╱ ╱  🏛🧺 ˚◞𑁍゚𝙳𝙸𝙾𝚁𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙸𝙰𝙼𝙴𝚃

𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐏𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐌 ── ◦'𖥸'◦ ── 𝒜𝒞𝒯 𝒪𝒩𝐸
↳ ❛ the truth is out ❜︎
𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟯 ╱ ╱ 🏛🧺 ˚◞𑁍゚𝙳𝙸𝙾𝚁𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙸𝙰𝙼𝙴𝚃

It took a few seconds for those words to sync to each person present in the room. Then the voice of Ronald Weasley seemed to snap Celeste out of her daze.

"You're both mentals."

"Ridiculous," said Hermione faintly. Celeste flickered her eyes to Harry who seemed to question this absurdity.

"Peter Pettigrew's dead," said Harry. "He killed him twelve years ago!" he pointed at Black, whose face twitched convulsively.

"I meant to," he growled, his yellow teeth bared, "But little Peter got the better of me. Not this time though!"

"Huh?" Celeste asked.

And Crookshanks was thrown to the floor as Black lunged at Scabbers. Ron yelled with pain as Black's weight fell on his broken leg.

"Sirius NO!" Lupin eloped, dragging Bllack away from Ron again, "WAIT Yo can't do it just like that ─ they need to understand ─ we've got to explain ─"

"We can explain afterward!" snarled Black, trying to throw Lupin off. One hand crawled in the air trying to reach for the rat.

"They've ─ got ─ a right ─ to ─ know ─ everything!" Lupin painted. "Ron's kept him as a pet! There are parts of it even I don't understand, and Harry and Celeste deserve to know the truth, Sirius."

Sirius stopped struggling at those words.

"All right then," Black said, without taking his eyes off the rat. "Tell them whatever you like. But make it quick, Remus. I want to commit the murder I was imprisoned for."

"You're nutters both of you," said Ron shakily. "I've had enough of this. I'm off." he tried to heave himself only for Lupin to raise his wand again towards Scabbers.

"Can't you at least hear them out first?" Celeste muttered.

"You're going to hear me out, Ron," he said quietly. "Just keep a tight hold on Scabbers while you listen."

"HE'S NOT PETER, HE'S SCABBERS!" Ron yelled, trying to force the rat back onto his front pocket, but Scabbers was fighting too hard; Rons swayed and overbalanced and Harry caught him and pushed him towards the bed.

"There were witnesses who saw Pettigrew die," he said. "A whole street full of them."

"They didn't see what they thought they saw!" said Black savagely, still watching Scabbers struggling in Ron's hands.

"Everyone thought Sirius killed Peter." said Lupin nodding, "I believed it myself ─ until I saw the map tonight. Because the Marauders map never lies...Peter's alive. Ron's holding him, Harry."