Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Are You Really My Dad?

Linhai Villa was started by Old Master Huo five years ago and completed two years ago. However, this was his first time here.

Since Old Master Huo arrived at the villa, he had locked himself in his study and did not allow anyone to enter.

Uncle Chen had learned something about his master's past in the hospital that day. Hence, he was inevitably worried about his behavior of secluding himself in his study.

The villa was a reminder of Old Master Huo's love for his wife. Whether it was the decoration or layout, it was done according to the lady's preferences. But when the construction drawings arrived, the old man just received the letter from his wife.

Standing outside the study door, Uncle Chen hesitated several times before finally knocking.

It was only after ten or so seconds that Old Master Huo's voice was heard from the study.

"Come in."

Uncle Chen opened the door.

Old Master Huo stood in front of the French window, facing the endless sea with a deep gaze.

His master had aged and was not as vigorous as he was when he was young. His back was already hunched, his face looked haggard, and his spirit was getting worse every day.

Uncle Chen, who had accompanied Old Master Huo for many years, had witnessed the whole process from the time he took charge of the company to the present time to supporting his grandchildren.

"Master, the weather outside is good, and the sea breeze is also comfortable. May I accompany you out for a walk?"

Old Master Huo did not respond for a while.

"Young Master has been out for a while with little miss, but he hasn't returned yet. Should we go together to find them?"

Only then Old Master Huo turned around, looked at Uncle Chen, and sighed. "Okay, I know what you are trying to say. It's not like you to beat around the bush."

Uncle Chen laughed. "I'm worried about you, aren't I? You're in the mood for a vacation with your son and granddaughter, but you're moping around and taking a break here. Turns out that you need a rest too, huh? Isn't it a bit boring to stay in the study?"

"I'm old, not as spirited as youngsters." Old Master Huo sat down on the sofa in his study. "My weary old body is just like this, counting my life day by day."

"How can you count your remaining days? You have to see Xiaoxiao grow up, get married, and have great-grandchildren. Life is still long."

At the mention of Xiaoxiao, Old Master Luo's sad face showed a smile. "Xaioxiao's not even two yet. When she gets married and has children, I might not be there to witness it. "

"Look at you, you're always saying such unlucky things."

"What do you care about bad luck when you're half-body buried in the soil?" Old Master Huo sighed. "I neglected Yingying for my career when I was young and neglected my son for my company when I was old. Seeing Shuicheng following my old path, my heart is always uneasy."

"Young Master... Isn't he getting along well with Little Miss?"

"I would be relieved if he could be a good father. As his father, I've watched him grow up and understand him inside out. Cold-tempered and shrewd, does he get along well with Xiaoxiao? Even with my eyes closed, I don't think he knows how to be a father until now."

"But that's not the truth, Master. Hasn't he been busy in the company lately? If he makes some mistakes, you can remind and teach him. After all, Young Master is also a father for the first time. He has no experience. One day, he will understand your pains."