Chapter 43

Chapter 43: Meeting Her 

The beginning of the week always felt lethargic.

Huo Xiaoxiao and Yi Qian, who had been playing at home for two days, woke up full of unwillingness. They slowly had their breakfast after washing their faces and rinsing their mouths. Then, they carried their school bags and prepared for their kindergarten.

On the other hand, Huo Suicheng was energetic as usual, wearing a well-tailored dark blue suit. It made him more calm and handsome than ever.

"Daddy, you look so handsome today!"

Huo Suicheng squeezed her cheek playfully.

"Xiaoxiao, you have to listen to the teacher in the kindergarten. Don't be naughty and bully other children, understand?" Old Master Huo advised her while sorting out the things in her school bag.

"I understand, Grandpa!"

Old Master Huo said, "Okay, let's go. Grandpa will send you to kindergarten today."

Huo Suicheng walked out of the dining room. He turned to Old Master Huo and said leisurely, "Dad, you can rest at home. I will drop them at the kindergarten."

"But it's in the opposite direction to your office."

"Doesn't matter. It's only half an hour's journey."

When Huo Suicheng insisted, Old Master Huo looked at him doubtfully and asked again, "You will send them?"

"I will send them."

Old Master Huo laughed. Was he finally starting to behave like a good dad?

"Okay then. I'll hand these two little kids over to you."

The two children followed Huo Suicheng out. Huo Xiaoxiao couldn't help but ask him, "Daddy, will you be late for office by sending us to the kindergarten first?"

"Yes."

Her eyes widened at his reply, and she asked again, "Then, you will still drop us at the kindergarten?"

"Daddy is the boss. Even if I am late, no one dares to complain about me."

"..." His words sounded so arrogant.

Huo Xiaoxiao thought for a while then asked again, "Then, why didn't you send me to kindergarten before?"

"..."

Half an hour later, the car stopped at the gate of Wellington Kindergarten, and Huo Suicheng handed the two children to their teachers.

"Be good and don't bully other kids, okay?"

"Alright, Daddy. Will you come and pick me up this afternoon?"

Huo Suicheng was silent for a moment and then said, "Daddy really wants to, but there may be some urgent matter. I'm afraid I can't come. Daddy will call you when I miss you, okay?"

Such sweet words and honeyed phrases.

Huo Xiaoxiao pouted and waved goodbye, "Okay then. Goodbye, Daddy."

"Goodbye, Uncle Huo."

Huo Suicheng's car left. The teacher took Huo Xiaoxiao's hand and brought her to the classroom.

"Xiaoxiao!" Yi Qian chased after her from behind. By the time he caught up to her, he was panting heavily, "Thank you for playing with me these past two days. Next time... next time, you come to my house to play. I have a car. I'll bring you for a ride."

At such a young age, he even wanted to take her for a ride.

Huo Xiaoxiao almost laughed out loud.