Chapter 45

Chapter 45: Middle Class

Huo Suicheng left the party a little before nine o'clock, even though it barely started around 8 in the evening..

With a glass of wine in his hand, Lu Boyang had already made himself drunk and had his arm around a woman in a long white dress, he chuckled: "President Huo, I guess you should go to a temple and become a monk one of these days."

Huo Suicheng did not say anything he just waved his hand and left the scene.

"Sir, are we going back to the Huo Mansion?"

Although Huo Suicheng only drank a little wine, his body was hot and he felt a little dizzy.

Lowering the car window, he pulled the tie knot around his neck and unbuttoned the top two buttons of his shirt, letting the cold breeze whistle in which made him a lot better.

"Drive slowly."

"Yes, sir."

Huo Suicheng lazily leaned back, looking at the street lights passing by he recalled his encounter with Ji Wenxin in front of the classroom when he went to pick up Xiaoxiao from school today.

Whether it was intentional or not, now that Ji Wenxin had found out that Xiaoxiao was studying in that kindergarten, the two would inevitably continue to meet in the future.

People have their own selfishness, especially Huo Suicheng. As a father, he did not want Ji Wenxin and Huo Xiaoxiao to keep meeting each other, even limiting their meetings was enough.

She had left her own daughter behind, but now she wanted to perform the mother-daughter act with someone else's child in front of her very own daughter every day.

While it's true that children will grow up one day, but when they will recall these things, who knows how painful it would be for them.

Huo Suicheng took out his cell phone and made a phone call.

"Hello Principal Zhou, this is Huo Xiaoxiao's father, Huo Suicheng, there is a small matter I want to discuss with you."

As the car was driving slowly, the usual half-hour journey took more than an hour drive.

When the car stopped in front of the Huo Mansion, Huo Suicheng had almost sobered up.

He took off the suit jacket which had been stained with wine in the living room and put it on the sofa. He went upstairs, pushed open the door, and saw Huo Xiaoxiao asleep on the bed.

Huo Suicheng was relieved.

Fortunately she was asleep.

He turned and went to the bathroom, took a long comfortable shower. When he finally stepped out of the bathroom, Huo Xiaoxiao was sitting on the bed looking at him.

"...... did I wake you up?"

Huo Xiaoxiao shook her head, "I was waiting for daddy."

"Waiting for me to do what?"

"Daddy promised to tell me about Mom."

Huo Suicheng calmly approached the bedside, " You didn't ask grandpa?" he questioned.

"No, Daddy promised that he would tell me personally, so I didn't ask Grandpa, I'm all ears!"

A small child, Huo Suicheng found this situation to be much harder to deal with than those opportunistic at the reception.

He pondered for a moment before saying, "Look at the time. It's almost 10:30, you have to go to kindergarten tomorrow, are you sure you want to hear about mommy from daddy now? It's too late for bed."