Chapter 25

Chapter 25: Huo Xiaoxiao's Comeback

Huo Xiaoxiao was stunned and couldn't believe her ears.

Throw her into the sea?

Even a vicious tiger would not eat its cubs. Was her father so cruel?

No, it must be a bluff.

Yes! He was just scaring her, right?

"No way!"

"'No way' what?" Huo Suicheng asked.

"Don't... throw me into the sea!"

Looking at Huo Xiaoxiao's scared, wide-opened eyes, Huo Suicheng squeezed her cheek, and said, "Be obedient, and I won't throw you away."

Hearing this, Huo Xiaoxiao stared at him with resentful eyes.

Huo Suicheng looked at her drooping face and felt quite satisfied. Instantly, his anger from before was wiped away, and he sat holding her behind the desk. "Why haven't you slept yet? It's already so late?"

"I want... I want to be with Daddy."

"Daddy still has work to do, so you go to bed first. Come, I'll send you back to your room."

When he got up, Huo Xiaoxiao grabbed his tie and pulled it down, accidentally locking his throat. "Daddy, there's something... I want to tell you."

"Hmm..." Huo Suicheng nodded and coughed twice, grabbed her hand to loosen the tie, and took a deep breath. "...What's the matter?"

Huo Xiaoxiao immediately let go of his tie and looked at him with her big, innocent eyes while asking, "Grandpa said you want to send me to kindergarten?"

"Don't you always want to go out to play? There are many children in the kindergarten who will play with you." Huo Suicheng saw her sad face and asked, "You don't want to go?"

Huo Xiaoxiao nodded. "I want to be with Grandpa and Daddy at home. I don't want to go to kindergarten."

"You usually clamor for going out to play all day. Now that we're giving you a chance, you don't want to." After being silent for a moment, Huo Suicheng continued, "Going to kindergarten is what your grandfather decided for you. You know, I can't interfere or change his decision."

Listening to Huo Suicheng, Huo Xiaoxiao became silent. A question mark suddenly appeared in her head.

'Why is it different from what she heard from her grandfather?'

"But, Grandpa didn't say that. He said that it's you who wants me to go—"

Before she could finish, Huo Suicheng interrupted her. "Well, since you don't want to go, Daddy won't force you."

Huo Xiaoxiao was overjoyed.

Her father decided to be forbearing for a change?

"I'm giving you the right to choose whether you want to go to kindergarten or not. It's up to you to decide."

"Me?"

Huo Suicheng found a coin from the desk drawer.

"Do you know what this is?"

Logically speaking, Huo Xiaoxiao hadn't seen a coin yet, as per others, so she shouldn't know what it was.

Hence, Huo Xiaoxiao shook her head.

"This is called a coin." Huo Suicheng showed her the front and back of the coin. "We'll toss it to decide whether you go to kindergarten."

Huo Xiaoxiao was eager to try.