Chapter 30

Chapter 30: Don't Want A Mom!

When Huo Xiaoxiao returned home, she narrated what had happened in the kindergarten in front of Old Master Huo with an excited voice and vivid expressions.

She also couldn't help but play out the situation of being pushed to the ground.

"Grandpa, those kids are so bad and arrogant. He just... grabbed my hand like this and pushed me to the ground."

Old Master Huo listened with keen interest at first, but hearing that Xiaoxiao was being bullied in school, he felt an ache in his heart. He pulled her in front of him and carefully looked her up and down.

"Pushed you to the ground? Are you hurt?"

Huo Xiaoxiao shook her head and spread out her white and tender palms. "No, the ground is full of sand. It doesn't hurt, and my hands are fine."

"Good. Next time someone bullies you like this, you must tell the teacher. You are young, so you will most likely get hurt."

Old Master Huo was distraught.

In Kindergarten, Huo Xiaoxiao was perhaps the youngest. She was easily bullied due to her age. If it had not been for his body's condition, he would never have agreed to send the child to kindergarten so early.

"En, I understand! And then... Yi Qian and his friends beat up the little villains and made them cry."

Old Master Huo laughed out loud. "What happened then?"

"Then, the headmaster called the parents. They wanted Yi Qian to apologize. Yi Qian and the others protected me, so I also protected them."

"So clever."

After listening to Huo Xiaoxiao's 'thrilling' experience, Old Master Huo started feeling uneasy after thinking about it over and over again. He had already been too hasty to send her to the kindergarten.

She was already bullied by other children on her first day. There was no telling she would be bullied by others in places he couldn't see.

Being so young and having no understanding of anything, she could only be bullied in kindergarten.

Old Master Huo sighed. He believed that his granddaughter was weak, pitiful, and helpless, and he unconsciously started imagining her being bullied in kindergarten. The more he thought about it, the more frightened he became.

In the end, he went upstairs to find Huo Suicheng and directly said, "I don't think Xiaoxiao should go to kindergarten for the time being. She's still so young, and she cannot protect herself. Let's wait for two more years before sending her. What do you think?"

Huo Suicheng probably guessed why Old Master Huo had suddenly changed his mind. "So, you heard about it?"

Old Master Huo did not deny it. "When you were a bit over two years, I sent you to kindergarten. On your very first day, you beat the kids until they cried. Unlike you, however, she's just a little girl. She will be bullied and beaten up."

"...You are in poor health, and you don't have the energy to take care of her."

"Still, I can take care of her for a year or two. This matter will end here. Don't send Xiaoxiao to kindergarten tomorrow."

The old man had a bad relationship with both his parents and son, so all his tenderness and love were poured into his granddaughter.

Perhaps even Old Master Huo himself did not realize that the guilt and atonement had become a part of his love for Xiaoxiao.