Part 8- Interview

Irene walked down the hallway in Clarence House, wow, she thought, so many people!

She put her head down, not wanting the people to see her, just yet. 

Today was the day, the day to tell the world the truth. 

It was calculated, all calculated. 

Irene knew from a staff member of the Warrens' company that Stephanie and her father would be flying to California today. The engagement interview was at 7 am UK time when it would be 11 pm for the Warrens. The Warrens will only arrive at the hotel in California in 1 in the morning (California time, which is 9 am UK time). When this interview finishes, the stocks of the Royal Daily papers were going to crash, the Warrens was going to lose a lot of money AND, wait for it, they don't have the time to sell their stocks. Because they would be on their funny little plane, heading to California and the UK stock exchanges will open at 8 a.m. (as soon as the interview finishes). The people in the UK who owns the Royal Daily stocks are not going to lose money because they have just enough time to sell them, but not the two people sleeping on their airplanes to California.

"All these years, all these years of indignity, obedience, submission, and shame, she will experience many times of that." Irene thought as she held tighter to William's hand.

"Irene, what's wrong?" he asked when they arrived just before the door leading up to the room. Until the moment they step in, nobody knows that she was going to come in.

"No, just thinking..."

"No worries, you are going to do great," Will planted a peck on her forehead, "shall we go in?"

She pushed a lock of her golden hair out of her face and nodded.

Her attire:

The interviewer watched as the couple entered the room: Okay, no problem, so, here is William, okay, the girl is wearing a dark blue dress

The interviewer watched as the couple entered the room: Okay, no problem, so, here is William, okay, the girl is wearing a dark blue dress... What the F**king hell! Who is she?

He muttered a cuss under his breath and turned the sheet of questions that were directed to Stephanie upside down.

The interviewer, Paul Matthews (fake person;v;), plastered a smile on and gestured the couple to sit. They were supposed to take a photo together before coming to the interview, but the photographer was too stunned to move so, William and Irene sat down to talk with Paul first.

Paul- So, normally we would ask you when and how did you propose, but, as you know, we know nothing about this lovely young lady here, 

Laughs from three of them

Paul- so, would like to give the people some introduction?

Irene- Oh, of course. My name is Irene, Irene Claudia Kennedy. I am about 21 years of age. I spend most, if not all of my life up in Cambridge. And I am a CU graduate in medicine. If you've been following the medical arena, you should be pretty familiar with me. My mother, Lauren is a great friend of Princess Diana, when I was little, our family used to visit her and her family. We visit them twice every month, so, there is no way he could avoid me. *laughs with William*

Paul-  Oh, that is very interesting. So, William, back to the question, how did you propose?

William- We've been dating for almost three years now. Last week, I decided that it was the time and I invited her to Kensington Palace with my Grans, Pa, and Camilla. We visited some spots that were special to us and our relationship. And I proposed.

Paul- That sounds very romantic to me.

Laughs from the three of them.

Paul- Did you ask her father?

William- Oh, no. I think if she said yes, her father wouldn't say no.

Laughs from William

Paul- So, I have Googled you on the web. Since it said very little about your family and more about your research, would you mind giving us an introduction to your family? Are you a Kennedy?

Irene- Yes, I am. My... Oh, let's start from who you know. President John F. Kennedy of the US's father, Joe Patrick Kennedy Sr. had a younger brother, Francis Benedict Kennedy, who is my paternal grandfather.

Paul- *Dramatic gesture*

Laughs.

Irene- So, long story short, I am President Kennedy's second-degree niece. My mother was a part of the starting group of engineers in Microsoft. And later she and my father taught at Cambridge. Although I am indeed a Kennedy, and I most certainly have the utmost respect for the Massachusettes Kennedys, our family is not that interested in politics, all four of my grandparents and my parents taught at CU for all of their lives. And if I were not have fallen for him, I would most likely be doing the same right now.

Laughs from the two.

Paul- As you two know, we believed that William, you were dating Stephanie. Is it true, or true at some point in time, or just a rumor?

William- I'm afraid it is the last one. Frankly, I have only dated one girl. And I cannot and wouldn't want to imagine why people were lead to believe the opposite.

Paul- Irene, do you have anything to say about this?

Irene- Um... yes, supposedly we've not expected it to happen.

Paul- Uh, Irene, You are obviously going to enter this family, the most famous royal family in the world. William's mother was this massive iconic figure. The most famous figure of our age, is that worrying? Is that intimidating? Do you desire to be such an icon?

Irene- Obviously, she is the icon of our age, I give her my utmost respect. I think about her often, in terms of a stylist, a princess, but more of like a person I knew. I would not, in the wildest of my dreams, imagined that I would be compared to her. I am not her, I can never be her. Since we are different. Clearly, I want to use my background as a doctor to help more people in that aspect. I would be competent in my roles from this day onwards, but not in the way she's achieved it.

Paul- There are a lot of opportunities obviously within the family, a huge ability to change people's lives for the better, I guess that's something you must have contemplated as well.

Irene- Yes, I really hope I can make a difference, even in the smallest way. I am looking forward to helping as much as I can.

William- She'll do really well. Very well.

Paul- Well, thank you very much for talking to us. Now it has to be said, you both look incredibly happy and relaxed. Good luck.

William- Thank you.

Irene- Thank you.

So, and everything went as planned after the interview. The whole entire world was shocked. After the interview was aired live, a reporter said, Now, everybody on this island is either selling their stocks of media companies or on their way to do so.

So, everybody was searching for which company first started this rumor, and, obviously, they found Royal Daily.

Their stocks crashed, so did the Warrens' reputation and social status, exactly the way Irene wanted it to go.

And, do you remember, that the Warrens owed Royal Daily money? Yes, after the new company failed, they were desperate to get money to keep going. So, apart from losing money from stocks AND having a garbage reputation, they were up to their eyes in debt.

And so, Irene's three years of patience paid off in her being Her Royal Highness, the Duchess of Cambridge.