Part 11- Loss (and Found?)

Trigger warning: child death, depression, details of giving birth to children, might to medically correct ;-;

In February of 2011, Irene and Meghan were both due. But they are in very different states. Meghan spent thousands of dollars on baby showers. While Irene has kept it low profile. Meghan was in pure ecstasy while Irene was more worried than joyful. After all, she has to deliver three babies. Her gynecologist says that she is in a good state of health, however, when Irene asked for the results of tests, she did not give her. 

The first week of February, Meghan delivered Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor. No titles was the conclusion the institution has made.

Ever since Irene's 3rd month of labor, she basically retrieved from the front stage and stood backstage, because being pregnant with triplets and appearing in public with her humungous belly is a big no-no.

_

Her stomach seemed to be stabbed by ten thousand burning knives, and a heart-wrenching pain spread all over my body. Waves of pain came to her like tide wave after wave.

She yelled hoarsely, her wet hair clinging to her forehead indiscriminately, her eyebrows twisted, her eyes almost protruding from her eye sockets, her nose flapping, panting quickly, her voice hoarse, her hands tight. Clutching the sheets that had long been soaked with sweat, the veins on her arms bursting out.

She seemed to be run over by a double-decker bus, and thousands of meteorites pierced my gastric mucosa as if there were tens of thousands of bugs gnawing at her stomach, and her heart was both excited and nervous.

Her face changed from yellow to red to purple and then to white. She could not tell if drops of water on her face were tears or sweat. The palms of her hands were dripping with sweat and she kept shaking, and she didn't even have the strength to speak.

Silence, and there was silence. No crying of children, no panicking of doctors, no, just nothing.

And then there was a commotion, and then Irene fainted.

_

BREAKING NEWS: Royal triplets deceased!
It has now been confirmed that the Cambridges' triplet boys passed away hours after birth due to Hyaline membrane disease, a condition that causes babies to need extra oxygen and help to breathe.

Related articles:

Royal triplets died of the same illness that killed JFK's final child, a coincidence or a curse?

The Kennedy curse, what is it?

_

Irene sobbed, just sobbed, she didn't know what to do. William was sitting next to her bed, a hand in her golden locks, attempting to comfort her. Of course, this is was a hard time for both of them.

The greatest pain a person may suffer is that the mother loses the child, and the child loses the mother. This kind of pain startles the universe and moves the gods. __ Maupassant
The door of the hospital room squeaked as a 5 foot 3 figure appeared in the doorway, signaling her bodyguards to not come inside. From her lip language, Irene presumed that she was saying things along the lines of "they are my grandchildren" and "I don't need protection" and "Philip, stay where you are until I tell you otherwise".

Queen Elizabeth, yeah, it is her, walked into the room. The couple bowed their heads down as she did. Then, she hugged William, and then Irene.

Neither spoke a word. Until minutes later, the queen said: "Honey, pick a name."

The other two looked dumbfounded.

"For the children."

Pause.

"Why, Gran?" William managed to speak.

"Pick," she demands

"James, Joseph, John." 

"No, I mean full names."

"James Spencer Fitzwilliam; Joseph Sebastian Francis; John Samuel Frederick."

" Their Royal Highnesses, Prince James, Joseph, and John of Cambridge." Queen Elizabeth said decisively.

_

BREAKING NEWS

Buckingham Palace confirms the death of infant triplets. Their Royal Highnesses, Prince James, Joseph, and John of Cambridge will be buried next Sunday at St. George's Chapel.

Related Articles:

Why are the Cambridge triplets princes?

Why is Archie not a prince?

Are the Cambridges and the Sussexes at war?

Are the Cambridges going to be at Archie's christening? 

_

"Archduke, huh? or just Archie," Irene asked sourly as Meghan handed her the child, rather reluctantly, and answered: "Haha, no, just Archie."

But deep down, anybody who knew any English knew it meant the former, Archduke, instead of just Archie. Mind you, people, Archduke is the title of the son of the Austrian King, and Archduke is able to be king one day, that is precisely what Meghan wants for her "Archie".