Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tᴡᴏ

𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚃𝚠𝚘
╔═══════════════╗
𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍
╚═══════════════╝

When Genie awoke, she found Will awake as well. He hadn't moved since last night aside from his open eyes staring at her with a sweet little smile on his face.

As soon as he noticed the girl was awake he snapped his eyes shut. Genie laughed. "Were you watching me sleep, Byers?"

Will blushed and rolled over so his back was facing her.  "No." His voice was muffled.  Genie smiled and placed a hand on his shoulder, rolling him back over.

"Don't worry, I'd watch me sleep too." She laughed, pecking him lightly on the cheek.  She blushed but not nearly as much as Will.  His already reddened cheeks turned a deep crimson and he bent his arm up so he could hide his face in his elbow.

Genie got to her feet, coughing lightly.  "I'm gonna go look for food or something.  You stay here and make sure this place doesn't make you any sicker."  She could tell by the bags under his eyes that this place wasn't good for either of them.

Will didn't protest.  He just wrapped his arms around his knees and let his eyes flutter shut.

Genie left Castle Byers and was hit with a wave of cold.  The sun hadn't risen, it probably never would here.

As she stumbled along, she swore.  She swore a lot, just to blow off the steam building up inside her.  She was mad at herself, mostly, for not knowing where to exit this hellhole.  She was also worried for her family.  What would Steve think, what would he be going through?  And her parents, it was awful to think about.

As if to make her day worse, something jumped out at her and screamed in her face.  It wasn't human, though.  It was something else with a weird flowerlike head.

"SON OF A BITCH." Genie shrieked, grabbing a large stick from the ground and chucking it at the creature.  It roared at her once more then scampered away.  With a sigh, Genie kept walking.  "Nothing ever happens in Hawkins, my ass."

"Genie!" She turned and saw Will shambling towards her.  "Where are you going?"

She hurried back to meet Will.  "I'm trying to find something to eat...or drink, either works I guess."

"Alone?"

"Yes alone, I don't want you getting hurt." Genie crossed her arms stubbornly and Will looked at her with wide eyes.

"You just got attacked by a- a-" He gestured wildly to the spot where the creature stood a moment before.

"Yeah, I've decided to call them flowerheads because, well you get it." Genie shrugged nonchalantly.  Will was gaping at her.

"Genie!  Are you insane?"

"Oh, most definitely." She picked casually at her nails while Will pinched the bridge of his nose with his fingers.

"Genie, I am trying to have a serious conversation with you." He looked her in the eyes and sighed when she held her expression strong.

"And I'm trying to avoid it!"

"Why!?"

"Because I'm scared!" Genie didn't realize how loud her voice had gotten and she looked at the ground, breathing heavily.  "I'm scared that my being here will make things harder for you to survive."

Will didn't say anything, he just enveloped her in a tight hug, resting his chin on her shoulder.  Genie hugged him back and willed herself not to cry.  She didn't know where all these feelings were coming from but she let them stay.  Just for now, she let them stay even if it was embarrassing the hell out of her.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to this place, Genie.  You're only making things better." Will whispered, reassuringly.  Genie was surprised to see this side of Will.  She'd never seen it before, she didn't even know it existed, but she was thankful for it—for him.  At that moment, Genie decided to stop asking questions and just be there.  And it was nice.

"We'll both make it out of here alive, I promise." She mumbled.

When she felt the tears prickling at the corners of her eyes, she made no effort to stop them from falling.  She hadn't cried in years so this feeling was unfamiliar.

Unfortunately, the blissful moment was ruined by three identical screams.  There were more flowerheads approaching and the two kids broke apart suddenly.

"Um, Genie.." Will grasped her hand nervously.

"SON.OF.A.BITCH." Genie yelled in frustration, wiping away her tears with the hand not clutching Will's.  An idea flashed through her head.  It was risky but if it worked it would be worth it.

Genie closed her eyes and Will looked at her like she was crazy, which she probably was. 

She focused all her energy on the exhaustion in her brain, her limbs, her muscles.  A light stream of blood fell from her nose and just like that, the flowerheads fell to the ground. 

Genie opened her eyes, her jaw dropping in surprise.  "So they do have brains." She muttered.

After about an hour of searching, Genie remembered something. "My backpack! Oh I'm an idiot."

Will looked over at her at the sudden outburst.  "You're backpack?"

"Yes!  Come on!" Genie led them back to Castle Byers, through the rancid, toxic air and into the little blanket/tree fort.  Her backpack sat in the corner, tucked away.  "Here."

Genie unzipped it and pulled out two Reese's Pieces candies, handing one to Will.  The stash wouldn't last long considering Genie had only packed junk food, and a flashlight. 

The two prayed the smell of food wouldn't attract the flowerheads.  They still ate, nonetheless.

When the smokey grey fog outside turned black, Genie guessed night had fallen and she huddled up on the ground beside Will.  He was shivering and Genie hoped they'd be able to get up in the morning.

"Tomorrow, we get out of here.  And go home." Genie whispered, pulling Will into a hug.  They laid there for the rest of the night, snoring softly.

Outside monsters lurked but didn't attack in fear of disturbing the strange peace settling within their cold hearts.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

So I've come to realize that a lot of people actually prewrite their books so ig im not weird for doing it 😃
I'm still writing tho but I'm like almost halfway through S2 lol

I got lots of these lines from dialogue prompts off Pinterest, if you're a writer and you wanna spice up your writing I totally suggest looking at some they're so funny

Um I'm just gonna make the next some cute fluffy chapters in the upside down. Also how do y'all like the flowerheads 😝

Alrighty see you in part three <3