Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Sᴇᴠᴇɴ

𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎
╔═══════════════╗
𝚋𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚢
╚═══════════════╝

"I can do it" El volunteered.

She was the only one who could but Hopper still argued with her.

Their plan was to close to gate. First they had to find a way to get the shadow monster out of Will so he wouldn't die.

"You're not hearing me." Hopper argued.

"I'm hearing you, I can do it!"

"There's still one problem," Mike said.

Genie knew where he was going with this so she cut in, "If the brain dies, the body dies."

"I thought that was the whole point." Max looked confused.

"It is, but if we close the gate, his army dies and-"

"Will's part of that army," Genie interrupted again, "Closing the gate would kill him."

Joyce's eyes suddenly lit up, "He likes it cold."

"What?" Hopper asked.

"That's what Will kept saying to me, he likes it cold and we keep giving it was what wants."

"So if this is a virus and Will's the host," Nancy began to catch on.

"We make the host uninhabitable." Jonathan continued.

"So if he likes it cold..." Nancy trailed off.

"We need to burn it out of him." Joyce said.

"We have to do it somewhere he doesn't know this time." Mike added.

"Yeah, somewhere far away." Said Dustin.

The plan began to unfold and Genie made sure to stay in the safety of the sofa, curled up into a little ball.  The adults, El, Nancy and Jonathan gathered outside and discussed what they were to do while Steve, Mike, Dustin, Max, Lucas and Genie stayed in the house, ordered to wait for their return.

"Listen, guys," Steve spoke up, eating their attention. Genie twisted into a sitting position and eyed her brother, "a coach calls a play in a game, bottom line, you execute it. All right?"

"This isn't some stupid sports game. And we're not even in the game, we're on the bench," Mike glared, annoyed.

"Righ-I-uh-Yeah. We're on the bench, there's nothing we can do." Steve finished.

"Very inspiring, Steve. Thanks for that." Genie rolled her eyes.

"Steve's not totally right," Dustin piped up, "I mean these Demo-dogs, they have hive minds.  When they ran away from the bus, they were called away by something, the mind flayer."

"If we get their attention..." Lucas looked up.

"Maybe we can draw them to the lab, clear a path to the gate," Max added

"And help El," Genie finished with a small smile.

"Yeah, and then we all die!" Steve proclaimed, exasperated.