Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Eɪɢʜᴛ

𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙾𝚗𝚎
╔═══════════════╗
𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚎𝚜
╚═══════════════╝

"Three, two, one, go!"

Genie peddled off ahead of Will who laughed and shouted at her for cheating.  They were biking to the new mall where Max, Lucas and Mike were waiting for them.

"Slow down!" Will called ahead to Genie who turned and blew him a childish raspberry.

She pulled up to the bike rack just a second sooner than Will and hopped off her bike.

"I win, again," Gloated the smaller girl.  Will pushed his bike in the rack and wrapped an arm around her.

"Yeah yeah, I know."

The two spotted Max and Lucas standing outside, Mike was absent.

"Where's Wheeler?" Genie asked as they approached the other pair.

"Probably off making out with El again," Max rolled her eyes while Lucas faked a gag.

"I'm here!  I'm here," Mike came running in as if on cue.

"You're late." Lucas gave Mike a pointed glare.

"Sorry!"

"We're gonna miss the opening!" Complained Will.

"Yeah, if you guys keep complaining, let's go."

"Blah blah, lemme guess. You and El were 'busy'."

"Real mature, Lucas," Mike rolled his eyes.

"Oh, El, I wish we could make out forever and never hang out with our friends!" Lucas mocked.

"Lucas, stop," Max slapped him lightly on the arm.

"Will thinks it's funny!" He protested. Genie glanced up at Will who was trying to hide his laughing. The corners of her mouth twitched upwards and she shook her head.

"Because it is!"

"Oh yeah, so funny that I wanna spend romantic time with my girlfriend," Mike rolled his eyes.

"I'm spending romantic time with my girlfriend," Lucas said.

"As am I," Will gave Genie a swift kiss on the cheek and she laughed.

"It's cute that you think this is gonna be romantic."

"What do you mean?"

"Race ya to Scoops!" Genie started running into the mall with the others on her tail.

She listened to the siblingly banter between Lucas and his sister Erica as they ran past the ten-year-old and her friends.

The group entered Scoops Ahoy slightly out of breath.  Genie impatiently tapped the small bell.

"Hey, Dingus, your children are here!" Robin called from the register.  Steve slid open the window at the back and stuck his head through.