Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Eɪɢʜᴛ

𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚃𝚠𝚘
╔═══════════════╗
𝚌𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚋𝚛𝚘
╚═══════════════╝

TW: mention of suicide (it's for Romeo&Juliet)

Genie arrived at Dustin's house at about the same time as the rest of the party.  They each parked their bikes where Dustin wouldn't be able to see through the window and snuck in the front door.

They held a banner that read 'Welcome Home' and a radio that they would play. Miraculously, the five managed to hide until Dustin entered his room.

They all stood with their backs against a wall. Genie held her party blower thing between her teeth as Max nudged El and told her it was time.

El focused, all the small robotic toys wheeling themselves out of Dustin's room and into the living room. He followed the robots out curiously.

The group snuck up behind him, Lucas in front with the banner.

"Now!" Max exclaimed and they all blew their party horns loudly. Dustin screamed and sprayed Lucas in the eyes with what Genie could recognize as Farrah Fawcett spray.

Lucas let out a shout of pain and the group flinched.  Max came forward and gave Dustin a sheepish smile, "Welcome home!"

She dragged Lucas off to the kitchen sink to help him wash out his eyes while the others all took turns welcoming Dustin home.

Genie hugged him tightly, "We missed you, Dusty."

"Good.  I thought you guys actually forgot about me." He frowned pushing her away and Genie and the others all chuckled.

"Oh!  I wanna show you guys something!" Dustin raced off to his room and dragged out a large suitcase. "I call it the forever clock, powered by the wind. Very useful in the apocalypse."

He then pulled out a wiggling hammer and held it up proudly, introducing it as 'the slammer'. He set down the slammer and pulled out something else.  A duffle bag from beside him.

"This is my masterpiece," He grinned at the contraption proudly, "I would like you to meet Cerebro."

"What is it?" Genie asked, eyeing the seemingly random pieces of metal that held the thing together.

"It's an assembled one of a kind battery-powered radio tower."

"So its a ham radio?" Will said.

"The Cadillac of ham radios. This baby carries crystal-clear connection over vast distances. I'm talking North Pole to South," He patted his device lightly, "I can talk to my girlfriend whenever I choose."

"Wait back up-" Genie gaped, blinking rapidly, "Girlfriend?"

Dustin explained his meet cute to the group as they began walking out of the house.

"So her name is Suzie?" Mike asked, still a bit incredulous about the whole thing.

"Suzie with a Z. She's from Utah," Dustin smiled softly.

"Girls go to science camp?" Will asked earning a jab in the arm from Genie's elbow.

"You're so stupid sometimes, you know that?"