Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Sᴇᴠᴇɴ

𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛
╔═══════════════╗
𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝
╚═══════════════╝

(If anyone sees this, please go hype up my tiktok: hufflestarkkk, I'm very shadowbanned)

Genie leaned her head against the window of the vehicle using the cold to keep her awake. If she fell asleep now she'd be of no use. They would all collectively decide to let her sleep and boom, everyone dead.

Okay maybe that was over-exaggerating a bit but Genie was too tired to mentally correct herself.

Steve didn't come to for a while.  That was fine with the kids.  They all knew he'd lose his shit when he saw Max at the wheel and the rest of them crammed into the back, with the exception of Lucas who sat in the front.

Around her, her friends bickered noisily. They all argued while Lucas tried reading the map aloud.

"Can you all shut up, I'm trying to focus!" Max snapped.

"Oh, that's Mount Sinai! Make a left!" Lucas's eyes darted up from the map.

"What?"

"Turn left!"

Max jerked the wheel to the left and the car swerved sideways, everyone crashing into each other in the backseat and Steve's eyes flying open.

"Oh, hello!" He noted the kids and the car and Max driving the car, Genie was sure his brain just exploded.

"Woah!"

"Incredible!"

"Holy shit!"

"I told you, Zoomer," Max smirked at Mike who rolled his eyes.

Max slammed on the breaks and they all lurched forward. The two boys wearing seatbelts clung to whatever they could while Steve threw an arm out over Genie and held onto Dustin's shoulder.

"That was sickening and amazing at the same time," Genie gasped, tumbling out of the car with everyone else.

The group started in the direction of where this massive hole leading to the Upside Down was.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?" Steve called but the young teenagers all ignored him, "What are you, deaf?  Hello? We are not going down there, do I make myself clear?  This ends now!"

Dustin stopped and spun around, "Steve, you're upset, I get it. Bottom line is a party member requires assistance and it is our duty to provide that assistance. Now, I know you promised Nance that you'd keep us safe so," He tossed him the spiked bat, "Keep us safe."

Genie continued walking with a smug grin on her face as she listened to Steve cursing under his breath. They approached the hole and terror filled each and every one of them. The portal was a gaping hole in the middle of a farmers field and it was swarming with deadly vines.

"We're so gonna die in there," Genie mumbled.

"That's exactly why I wanted to stay at the house, moron," Steve shot back. Genie rolled her eyes but her heart wasn't in it. She was busy praying that she'd survive.