Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fɪᴠᴇ

𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙾𝚗𝚎
╔═══════════════╗
𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚝
╚═══════════════╝

Will, Genie and Mike sat on Mike's sofa while Will explained his episodes.

"It's like I'm stuck." He said to the two. Genie was on one side of Will while Mike was on the other.

"Like stuck in the Upside Down?" Mike questioned.  Will shook his head and let out a frustrated sigh.

"No, like um...like on the viewmaster when it..." He trailed off and put his head in his hands.  Genie placed a hand on her friend's shoulder.

"Like you're caught between this world and the Upside down." Genie stated more than asked.

"Yes!" Will looked up hopefully, "And-and there was this noise coming from...coming from everywhere. And I saw this thing, Genie saw it too-"

"The Demogorgon?" Mike cut in. Will shook his head again.

"No, it's like this big shadow in the sky only it was-it was alive and it was coming for us." He explained shakily.  Will spoke quickly, nerves affecting his tone.  Genie shuddered, remembering the monster that loomed over their seemingly cursed town.

"Was it real?  Or was it just in your head like the doctors say?" Mike asked.  This time it was Genie who responded.

"It's real." She confirmed, "I can feel it trying to contact me."

"Contact you?" Mike knit his brows.  Genie glanced at Will who nodded, urging her to tell Mike the truth.

"Yeah, it's trying to get in my head.  The monster thing has emotions and I can feel them.  It's hard to explain..."

Mike stared at her, confused, "What do you mean you can 'feel it's emotions?'"

Genie sighed and closed her eyes.  When she opened them again, she looked Mike in the eyes.  "You're scared for Will.  You're worried for El.  You're mad at Max.  You're confused with me.  You're frustrated with Dustin and Lucas.  Wow you're feeling a lot of things, dude."

Mike shook his head, "Anyone could figure that out if they were my friend.  I still don't understand."

"You love Eleven."

He froze.  It was clear that he liked Eleven but did he love her?  Did he really love her or was it just a crush?

"The fact that you're thinking all those questions just proves my point." Genie mumbled and Mike stared at her in awe.

"You can read minds..." He trailed off.

"Yeah.  Don't tell anyone else."

"What about Will?" Mike asked, gesturing to the smaller boy.

"Already knew." He piped up with a proud smile. "Also, speaking of not telling anyone else, don't mention the shadow monster. The others wouldn't understand."

"Eleven would." Mike said almost instinctively.

"She would?" Will asked. Genie had almost forgotten that Will never knew Eleven.