Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Sɪx

𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙾𝚗𝚎
╔═══════════════╗
𝚙𝚞𝚣𝚣𝚕𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚊𝚙𝚜
╚═══════════════╝

Genie slept peacefully beside Will that night while Mike slept on the floor in a makeshift bed.  For once, she dreamt of something pleasant.

Until the dream twisted like it nearly always did.  It turned down a dark path and revealed vines that curled over your feet if you stopped in one place for too long.  It revealed people she loved being hurt by the things that traumatized her.  Worst of all, it didn't let her leave.

Genie's dreams were powerful.  Ever since she'd discovered her powers, she had trouble escaping particularly strong dreams.  Some dreams seemed more like visions.  Like she was actually in the Upside Down, or the Lab and she couldn't get out.  Nothing awoke her until the dream weakened and released it's dangerous hold on her.

Tonight she saw Jim Hopper, caught in the trap of vines that filled the tunnels of the Upside Down.  He yelled out for help but nobody was there to listen.

Then the image faded, as if a glistening veil had been placed over it.  Her breathing slowed and her dream weakened, her eyes threatening to snap open.

"Genie!" She heard from behind her closed lids.    The voice was faint and very worried.

She forced her eyes open and came face to face with Mike who seemed very concerned.

Her body trembled as a cold sweat coated her skin.  The bed beneath her seemed to spin and she felt as if she'd just run a marathon.

"Genie, Hopper's in trouble." Mike shook her lightly and she sat up carefully.

"So it wasn't just a dream." She muttered, rubbing her eyes and blinking away the intruding kaleidoscope of colours, "Where's Will?"

"He's trying to help figure out where Hopper is, we gotta go help them." Mike urged, pulling Genie to her feet. She yawned as her friend pulled her along behind him and into the living room where the paper's that connected to make thick, blue lines covered the floor and walls.

Nobody noticed the two kids entering the room until Mike spoke up, talking with Joyce and Will about Hopper's possible whereabouts.

Something was off to Genie.  She could sense someone who wasn't there.

Though they were just papers, the vine-like drawings seemed to give her a sense of place.  She wandered through the house until the sense was particularly strong.  In the kitchen.

"Guys, in here!" She exclaimed, brushing her fingers against the empty wall.

The others came rushing in, Joyce holding a paper in her hand.

"Ok, so-so Hopper's here?" Joyce asked, gesturing to the space.

"Yeah, I think." Genie muttered.

"So now we just need to find out where he is?"

"Yeah." She repeated.

"Did he say anything about where he was going, like before he left?" Mike interrogated.

"Um, just something about vines." Joyce shrugged. There was a knock at the door and the kids heard Joyce mumble, "Hopper" before she left to answer it.