Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fᴏᴜʀ

𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛
╔═══════════════╗
𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚔-𝚘𝚛-𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝
╚═══════════════╝

"You're costume is awesome, by the way, Genie." Dustin nodded at her, eyes wide. Genie smiled.

"Thanks!"

"Yeah, Zombie Girl's petty." Laughed Mike.

The group had ditched the bikes and were now walking down the road, talking. The sky was really dark now but the street was illuminated by various Halloween decorations and street lamps. Kids were running past them with swinging buckets filled with candy.

Jonathan dropped of Will a few minutes before. The small boy with the video camera was overflowing with excitement. He got to go trick or treating without Jonathan, just with his friends.

The group walked up the steps to their first house of the night, trick-or-treat bags ready to be filled. When the door swung open, the kids smiled and chorused, "Trick-or-Treat!"

"Oh, don't you kids look adorable!" The lady at the door gushed.  She held a large bowl of small chocolate bars. The five held their bags wide open as the lady dropped a bar in each. "There you go, Happy Halloween!"

"She seemed nice." Genie beamed as they skipped on to their next house.

They visited house after house, slowly filling their candy bags with chocolate, nougat, wafer and pure sugar.

"If I get another 3 Musketeers, I'm gonna kill myself." Lucas vowed, scowling at his collection of nougat.

"What's wrong with 3 Musketeers?" Dustin asked innocently.

"What's wrong with 3 Musketeers?" Replied Lucas, incredulousness lacing his words.

"Nobody likes 3 Musketeers." Mike said.

"Yeah, it's just nougat." Will kicked a small rock out of his path as he said this.  Dustin gaped at his friends.

"Just nougat? It's top three for me. Top three" Dustin attempted to emphasize his apparent love for 3 Musketeers.

"Oh God, gimme a break." Lucas rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, Dusty. 3 Musketeers is nobody's top three." Genie shrugged. Dustin glowered playfully at them.

"Seriously, I could eat a whole bowl of nougat.  Straight up."

"Ugh, that's disgusting." Genie made a face.  Their conversation was cut short by a masked figure jumping out of a nearby bush and screaming at them.

Will yelped and clutched Genie's arm.  Genie reflexively screamed back.  Lucas did too only his scream sounded more like a shriek.

"Holy shit!" The figure removed their mask and revealed a cackling Max, "You should've seen you guys' faces!  And you?" Lucas pursed his lips as Max's gaze shifted to him, "Who screams like that? You sounded like a little girl."

Genie chuckled as Max started walking away from them.

"Are you guys coming?" She asked when she realized he group wasn't following her, "I heard we should hit up Loch Nora, that's where the rich people live, right?"