Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fɪᴠᴇ

𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚃𝚠𝚘
╔═══════════════╗
𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚝
╚═══════════════╝

Genie tried to listen as Mike and Will explained some crazy theory about Dart. 

They heard Max knocking on the door asking, "Can I come in yet?"

"No!" Mike yelled in response.  Genie stared guiltily at the table.

"I don't understand." Lucas spoke up.

"What don't you understand?"

"Will saw something that looked like Dart last year?" He asked.

"Kinda, but it had no tail." Will confirmed with a nod.

"Oh shit." Genie whispered to herself as the others started freaking out.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Dustin asked.

"I wasn't sure."

"Coincidence."

"Or not..." Mike's voice trailed off in Genie's head and she closed her eyes. She couldn't see anything, not in a literal sense. She couldn't see Dart in any of their minds, she couldn't see the Upside Down. She couldn't feel.

Her face dropped to a neutral expression and she looked up.  She saw the others jumping back and shouting curses in surprise but the noise was muffled, as if she were underwater.

The near-silence turned to a loud ringing and Genie winced.  She saw Dart grow bigger and figured that was why her friends were screaming.

The ringing got louder as the creature inches towards her.

"I-I have to go." She stammered, her toneless voice sounding unnatural with the stutter.  She rushed for the door and fumbled clumsily with the knob until it opened, revealing Max picking at the lock with a hair pin.

Faster than the two girls could comprehend, Dart scurried out the door and down the hall. As soon as he was out of sight, Genie blinked and her hearing became normal again. Her face resumed a look of panic as she chanted, "Shit, shit, shit!"

"What was that?" Max asked, pushing herself to her feet.

"Dart! You let him escape!" Mike accused, glaring at her.

"Why would you attack him!"

"Please stop panicking!" Genie cut in, her voice cracking mid-sentence, "It's hurting my damn head!"

Dustin, Lucas and Max gave her strange looks while Will and Mike exchanged ones of exasperation.

"I'm shitty at secret-keeping and I'll tell you guys later but now we have to find Dart, let's go." She huffed, turning to walk down the hall alone. Will was at her side while the others split off into different corridors.

"You do suck at keeping secrets." Will chuckled from beside her in a feeble attempt to lighten the mood. It worked, but only because it was him saying it.

"Yeah, I do. I was gonna tell them anyway, though so..." She trailed off into silence as the two walked. The only sound was their footsteps echoing down the empty hall.

"East is clear, no sign of Dart." Mike said, the supercomm crackling to life.

"West is clear too, Will?" Dustin's voice said.

"South is clear," Will responded into the walkie talkie, "Lucas?"

"Nothing here, man."

Will and Genie kept walking, searching in every room they passed with an open door.

"Let's check the bathroom." Genie suggested as they approached the boys bathroom.

"I'll check the bathroom." Will said.

"Screw school policy, I'm coming with you." She said, trudging ahead of him.  Will smiled and followed her.

They opened each stall until they reached the final one where a small, slug-like creature hid by the toilet.

"Dart!" Genie exclaimed while Will said into his supercomm,

"Guys, we found him."

"Where?"

"In the bathroom by Mr Salerno's." Will explained.

"I'll be right back, I'm just gonna go make sure the others have the right place.  You keep an eye on Dart." Genie instructed, hurrying out of the bathroom.  She heard the others making their way to the bathroom where Dart was hidden.  She didn't even notice when Will crept out of the bathroom and started to run through the halls.

Dustin was the first to the bathroom.  "Where's Dart?"

Genie gestures to the bathroom and he hurried in with Genie right behind him. 

"Will, I got Dus..." She trailed off when she realized said boy was missing. "Dustin, did you see Will on your way here?"

Dustin froze, his hand tucked under his hat, "Uh, no. Don't tell the others about Dart."

As if on cue, Mike, Lucas and Max entered the bathroom.

"Where's Dart?" Mike asked.

"I dunno, not here." Dustin lied.  Genie rocked back onto her heels keeping her mouth shut.

"He said by Salerno's, right?"

"Yeah. Maybe Will has him."

Genie frowned, "Speaking of Will, where is he?"

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇  ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

Sorry this was a short chapter but I figured this was a good place to end the part.

I'm ftw watching OUAT and ooo there is some serious tea being spilt

Okay see you in part three <3