Chapter 32 - Surprises

«««««Nonso»»»»»

I leaned on the windowsill of my car, tired and frustrated. I've checked every possible place she could have gone but she's no where to be found and her roommate isn't even helping matters.

She could be in a friend's place or probably with another guy and I'm here killing myself for her attention and safety. I feel so uneasy and scared.
Not because there's a 90% chance that she would reject me neither is it because I'm in the middle of a lonely road by 11pm but because she's is somewhere I'm not.

It's settled. I'm crazy and obsessed.

"You have to calm down." Abel said for the umpteenth time on the phone.

I sighed tiredly as I watched the cool breeze carry a piece of nylon in the air, "There's nothing to be calm about. Isn't it obvious that she's missing?" I said.

"Maybe, but you can't ascertain that for sure and you certainly can't report to the police. It's not even up to 24 hours."

"And she's not the type to walk around at night too." I reverted.

"Nonso listen to me. I know you are stressed and devastated, just come back and by tomorrow I'm sure she will be back." He advised and I could tell from the sound of his voice that he's already tired of talking.

"H-How can I sleep when..."

"It's late and where do you know you want to drive to? My hand no dey oo. I've said my own." He finished.

I stared into space. He's right though.
I'm clueless and so fucking tired.
"Hello! Hello!!" He called from the other side.

"I've heard you. I'm on my way." I stated as I wound up the window.

He laughed victoriously, "Good boy. Make sure you buy me Dominos as a good and caring roommate."

"Dominos choke you there. Get out!" I hung up and started the engine.

Soma my love just hold on. I'm coming to sweep you off your feet and won't stop at nothing to prove my love for you.

*****
As early as 7am, I was already in front of Soma's lodge. After everything Abel did to make me stay in bed I just had to rebel.
If she had gone for a midnight party or sleepover, she should be back by now.  Right?

"Hey you!" I heard someone call as I was making my way up the stairs.
I turned to the direction of the voice and saw a very familiar face approaching me.

"You?" I scrunched my face as I turned to him. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I should be asking you that question." He spat back without even smiling.

I may just have a hint on why he looks so mad, I straightened my T-shirt and plastered a smug look on my face, "I came here to see my girlfriend. What about you?" I tilted my head a bit and smirked.

He chuckled lightly, "She's not here." He said.

A slight wave of fear and disappointment hit me but I regained composure, "What do you mean?" I asked in earnest.

He shrugged and took daring steps towards me, "She didn't come back last night and that leads me to my next question. What have you done with her?" He stared into my eyes with all audacity.

"Are you stalking her?" I spat in his face not caring whether we are in public or not.

"None of your fucking business school boy just answer me." He retorted with emancipating anger.