Chapter 1- I ✔

This chapter is dedicated to opema78 for the amazing cover she made for me, you should totally check out her new book 'Fire Goddess'. It would be worth your time.

«««««Soma»»»»»

"Hello! My name is Winner. Though people say it's a boy's name, I don't really care but I have other names you can call me like Somuadina 'my native name' or Soma for short..."

"What is she writing?", Someone asked. I turned from my table to see my roommate 'Oluchi' looming over me, trying to see what I was scribbling on my book. I quickly closed the book.

"Ahhh!! Why did you close it?", she asked with open palms, she wasn't happy that I restricted her.

"It's nothing jare, just don't worry your head", I lied. This book is a diary, My sister gave me it as a gift.

Oluchi crossed her arms against her chest and huffed "Ehnn... Are you sure?"

"Yes Madam Lulu, by the way...". I turned my body on the chair to face her properly because she was standing, "Don't you have lectures today?"

She scratched the back of her head and dropped her buttocks on my bed, "By 9 am". She replied.

I gave her a quizzical look "And what does the time says?".

She reached for my phone lying at the edge of the bed and double-tapped it, "Ewo!! It's already 8:30 and we are supposed to have a quiz today." She said as she sprang up from the bed. But she slumped right back on the bed. "But I'm tired." She groaned loudly.

I shook my head defiantly "Abeg carry your big bum bum to class before you destroy my bed."

She sluggishly stood up and walked extra slowly to her part of the room. I chuckled at her demeanor.

"Can you please help me with one sachet of your Golden Morn? Just one please." She pleaded as she sat on her bed.

"No problem." I stood up and walked to my cupboard to fish out the sachet cereal for her.

She collected it from me with a huge smile on her face, "Thank you, love."

I nudged her side playfully "It's only when it comes to food that you would remember I'm your love."

She frowned and her mouth formed a perfect 'o'. "But that's not true...Soma love." She teased.

I tightened my lips together just to prevent the laugh that's already creeping on my lips. "You are wasting more time." I snapped.

She ignored me and teased on "Lover Lover."

"I'll report you to Sammie." I threatened her with her boyfriend.

She opened her palms in defeat "Okay okay I'm going." She retrieved her toiletries from her cupboard and dashed to the bathroom but not before saying "Love".

"Oluchi!!" She slammed the bathroom door while laughing like a maniac.

I fell on her bed in laughter too.

Oluchi can be an annoying ass roommate but she is also fun to be with. If she just reduces her partying and flexing.

'Believer' by Imagine Dragons filled the room with its melody.

I looked at the caller ID..it was 'Big head' my best pal calling.

"Helen Good morning... Lecture?... Oh my God... I'm on my way already." I cut the call and started searching my closet for any available decent clothes to wear.