Chapter 8 - Talking about a miserable life ✔

This chapter is dedicated to my roommate who is also my inspiration for writing this book Olililililu. Thank you for all your motivation my chicken. 😂

To my readers and supporters. I hope you love this chapter.

«««««Nonso»»»»»

"Chinonso! Chinoso!!"

I heard my name in my dream but I couldn't put a finger on who is it that's actually calling me.

Who could be calling me?

"Chinonso!!! Where is this stupid boy?"

Wait! I don't think this is a dream.

SMACK!!

I intuitively held my sore left cheek and leaped down from my bed just to behold the sight of a very angry-looking woman throwing daggers at me with her eyes.

"Mum! Why did you do that?" I asked trying to suppress the pain emanating from my burning cheek.

"Ohh so you still have the mouth to talk?"

SMACK!!

She landed her iron palm on my other cheek. I stood up immediately and balled my fist in rage. Why will she just wake me up with two hot slaps?.

But if only I could do anything about it.

"What do you want to do ehhhnn..? Do you want to beat me? Oya see me here. Beat me nah." She was dragging the sleeve of the T-shirt I was wearing while bouncing from one foot to the other. Daring me to beat her.

This woman is looking for who to kill her and it's definitely not me.

"Look at you, Useless thing."She hissed loudly and battered her fake lashes at me.

I don't know what I did to warrant such hatred from this woman. She's supposed to be my mother but she acts nothing like it, she reviles me at every slightest provocation.

It's official. I do not like her. So no one should blame me for loathing, my mother.

I just stood there looking at her as she kept on talking and giving each word a dramatic effect. Why she started this at first? I have no idea.

I retrieved my black hoodie on the bed and made for the door.

"I'm talking and you are walking away so this is what it has gotten to. You can't even accord me some respect." She rambled on.

Well there's a saying that says 'Respect is Reciprocal'

She stood with arms akimbo and continued her whining, "I don't blame you at all. You are nothing but an excuse for a child."

Wow! That was deep.

She called me an excuse for a child. How sweet! Note the sarcasm. I felt like crying but I won't because 'Strong boys don't cry.'

I slowly turned to her. I had a lot of things to say, a lot of questions to ask. I also felt like returning that slap she gave me but the words that came out of my mouth were a pure contrast to what I had in mind.

"What do you want?" I asked as gently as my voice could go.

She eyed me eerily from my head to my toe with a scrunched face.

"Where are the documents and keys to that car outside?" She queried.

"Which car?"

"Don't try to play dumb with me else I'll give you an experience you won't forget in a hurry." She stamped her feet on the floor with a deadly scowl.